PDA

View Full Version : eurow mits...how long?

matrix_808
11-11-2006, 04:29 PM
about how long do you guys use your eurow sheepskin mits? i had mine for about 2 months or so and the plushness of the mit is gone.

wonder if im taking care of it wrong or does it usually only last a couple months?

a.k.a. Patrick
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
How funny, I just answered this question on the phone. "How long should a sheepskin washmit last?"

I told them it depends entirely on your wash routine, frequency, and level of aggressiveness. It would be nice for any retailer to say a natural sheepskin washmit would last 6 months, but they would probably hang themselves. Assumably, thicker pelted mitts would last longer. One could also assume, the more gentle you are with washing the cars surface, durability would fall within "economical" reason. Also consider how well the washmit (as with any detailing implement) is maintained will determine its life expectancy. So my answer would be, its in the hands of the "consumer".

I have used sheepskins maybe 1/2 a dozen times, then wore a hole in the thumb or forefinger area. Then again, i have had some that have lasted 6-8 months (maybe 20-25 washes).

P.S., I dont normally "wash" my sheepskins, I usually rinse them out and let them dry naturally. I believe this has given me the best durability as well as maintaining plushness. Just my $.02.

LeadingEdgeDetail
11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I use mine on paint 3 times MAX, then they go to wheel duty... Then they go in the garbage :)

Wasatch
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I get a few months out of mine, usually 1-2 washes a month.

ZaneO
11-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I normally get ~4 months out of mine, but as Patrick mentioned, it depends on several factors.

krouchchocolate
11-11-2006, 05:44 PM
after u wash your car with the mitt, how do you guys clean the mitt afterwards? Is it a good idea to throw it in the washer and dryer?

ZaneO
11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
after u wash your car with the mitt, how do you guys clean the mitt afterwards? Is it a good idea to throw it in the washer and dryer?

When mine gets dirty, I will wash it with my towels and hang it to dry.

imported_agentf1
11-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I have had one for over a year and it is still fine and it gets used atleast twice a week. I rinse, squeeze dry and hang after each use.

Rocket
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I have one mitt that has lasted 4 months now and I have two others that I didn`t get more than a month out of. Its hard to say how long it will last because each one can last more or less than another.

Hey, Moe!
11-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I stareted buying Eurow mitts at WM early this year. By mid-spring, I had four of them.

I probably wash my car twice a week, with two buckets and a foamgun.

Just lately, I`ve noticed that a couple are ready for retirement.

To clean, I`ve rinsed them out and hung them to dry, or hand-washed them with Woolite.

The life expentancy of a mitt will likely vary greatly, IMHO. However, I couldn`t imagine getting at least a couple of months out of one.

For a once-weekly wash, six months oughta be reasonable, don`t you think? That`s a couple of dozen washes, and a halfway decent mitt should last at least that long.

BlackElantraGT
11-12-2006, 05:46 AM
I bought a Eurow mitt from Walmart. It seemed very plush compared to most of the other sheepskin mitts you can find at your local auto parts store.

But, during its first wash it started shedding, which I assumed was normal. But by the 2nd wash, it shed way too much and the inside hide started developing holes everywhere.

I also didn`t really care for the fit. It was way too big.