PDA

View Full Version : ¿ Zaino Polish Over Stripes ?

Pages : [1] 2

Jesse_Bolt
11-11-2006, 09:07 AM
I have a 2007 Shelby GT500, black with white stripes. A first time user, I have the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit. According to the steps, washing the car, clay the car and wash the car again is pretty simple. Cover every surface including the vinyl stripes.

My question is with the following steps and the stripes...

¿Do I use the ZFX mixed with Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish on the vinyl stripes?

Thanks in advance,

JB

Jesse_Bolt
11-11-2006, 09:39 AM
About the stripes, they were applied at Ford after the car came off the assembly line. The stripes are not clear coated.

JB

imported_GregCavi
11-11-2006, 01:06 PM
So basically they are vinyl decals? Yes you are absolutely safe to apply the Z over them. I also recommend applying Zaino to clean windows, and clean wheels. Also after you have polished your exhaust, apply it there too.

Please post pics when you done!!

Greg

Jesse_Bolt
11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
So basically they are vinyl decals? Yes you are absolutely safe to apply the Z over them. I also recommend applying Zaino to clean windows, and clean wheels. Also after you have polished your exhaust, apply it there too.

Please post pics when you done!!

Thanks Greg for the response.

Right now I am getting ready for step 3, washing the car with Zaino Z7 Show Car Wash. Step 1 was the Dawn wash; which I limited to the painted surfaces. Step 2 was claying the car with diluted Z7 Show Car Wash.

JB

imported_GregCavi
11-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you know the process. Looking forward to the finished product!

Greg

Jesse_Bolt
11-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you know the process. Looking forward to the finished product!

Coming from the wash & wax genre, this is the first time I have used a process like this. I read the Zaino instructions several times, lurked this forum and used the search feature. Still had a question about the vinyl stripes. I appreciate your answer Greg.

Here is a picture after one coat of ZFX...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/Jesse_Bolt/2007ShelbyGT50011-12-06a.jpg

And a reflection of my neighbor`s house across the street...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/Jesse_Bolt/2007ShelbyGT50011-12-06b.jpg

I going to apply one more coat of ZFX and top it off with one coat of Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.

JB

ZaneO
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Yes, Zaino (and like sealants) can be used on almost everything but the tires.

Welcome, JB. Nice ride :cool:

wannafbody
11-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Top it off with Z8 if you have it.

imported_GregCavi
11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Stunning! For my first time it really started to pop after my second coat!

Greg

Jesse_Bolt
11-11-2006, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the advice `wannafbody`. Sorry, all I have is the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit and Z8 didn`t come in it.

JB

glenn22
11-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I don`t have anything to add, I just wanted to say, that is one SICK ride! I`m so jealous.

Deanski
11-11-2006, 11:08 PM

I have to agree! Being a black Porsche C2S owner, Z8 between each Zaino coats and at the end is INSANE!:waxing:

I find that Z6 cleans better. Z8 is used for that extra "POP" you want.:shocked

After a few coats of ZFX/Z5-Pro, next time if finish is perfect, mix up some ZFX/Z2-Pro and use the Z8 between each coat. Then it will look like a rolling black mirror!!!!

Use any leftover Zaino on your wheels to repel brakedust. Next, see how easy the dust washes off! Since I have PCCB (Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes) I don`t worry about brake dust, but road dirt just washes right off.

You`ll love the Z9 and Z10 leather cleaner and conditioner which has the best leather smell.

Good job so far! Keep us posted!!!:goodjob

Regards,

Deanski

imported_memnuts
11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Vinyl stripes need love too. ;)

Protection can be provided by any non-cleaning LSP. Zaino is a perfect choice because of its clarity and non-discoloring (yellowing) nature.

Nice PonyCar!!!! :D

Dan
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Wow... beautiful car. You`ve just discovered the first good part of Zaino... the shine... second part is it lasts longer than anything I`ve used!

imported_DennisH
11-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe I’m just being too careful but remember Zaino (about 10% Solvents) and most other LSP contain solvents of different amounts and solvent will dissolve or loose up adhesives. What I won’t do is apply product using an applicator from the painted surface to the decal for fear of forcing product under the edge of the decal. I will either run the applicator from the decal to the paint (preferred method) or run it along the edge of the paint and the edge of the decal.