PDA

View Full Version : Dawn for Zaino?

Imatk
11-10-2006, 08:11 PM
So I got my car buffed and the guy put Zymol and then Zymol Concourse on the car. It looks really great but I was wondering if I would need to do a Dawn wash of the car before I use my Zaino on the car?

I`ve read different opinions on this about using it and not using it...I guess I just wonder if I need to for the Zymol and also how long should I wait before doing the Zaino?

In other words how long will the Zymol last before I need to do the Zaino?

Thanks for any help!

ZaneO
11-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Zaino would not bond properly over the Zymol, so you would need to remove the Zymol first.

Dawn is an option, but I would recommend a thorough car wash followed by a 70/30 alcohol/water wipedown. After that, it should be ready for Zaino.

The Zymol will probably last 4-8 weeks.

jaycevs
11-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Just curious, but is that what griots paint prep is, alcohol and water?

ZaneO
11-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I do not know for sure, but I would guess it is some dilution of alcohol and water.

wannafbody
11-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I`d suggest Z5pro topped with Z8. I think you`ll love that look.

imported_memnuts
11-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Maintain the Zymol as you would any LSP. Why waste a good appearing wax job?

When that "just detailed" appearance starts to fade is when it`s time to Prep for Zaino. At this point a good wash (vehicle shampoo) and IPA wipedown should remove any remaining protection and the oils from any QD`ing would be easily removed by the wash. Of course a one-step process would be a Dawn (blue) wash or dedicated wax removal product (Prepsol).

The only exception to immediately removing the Zymol would be to check to see if your detailer is just "hiding" a poor polishing job with "make-up" oils. :nixweiss

Imatk
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah I`m not going to try and remove the Zymol... I just wanted to know what to do once it looks like it needs to be waxed / polished.

So after it seems to need a wax I dont` need to worry about the Dawn?

imported_memnuts
11-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah I`m not going to try and remove the Zymol... I just wanted to know what to do once it looks like it needs to be waxed / polished.

So after it seems to need a wax I dont` need to worry about the Dawn?

Not really. It would not hurt but not really necessary since the beautifying oils of the Zymol have long been dissipated and only reminents of the carnuaba still remain.