PDA

View Full Version : Klasse User`s Guide

Bobby G
11-10-2006, 04:04 PM
The Klasse acrylic car wax system makes paint radiate energy like the dessert sun.

Voted the #2 synthetic wax available by independent test magazine Guru Reports, Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze are among the very best paint protection products available.` With the advent of Polycharger Wax Booster, Klasse is even better.

Klasse is my personal favorite traditional car wax product and what I use on my own cars to produce the deepest, darkest, wet-look shine possible. I like it for its ease-of-use, superior protection and amazing final finish. If you already use Klasse car wax products, or intend to use them, this guide was created just for you.` This guide also serves as the instruction manual for the Sonus Klasse Complete Kit with Polycharger.

Klasse car wax products are a critical component necessary to maintain beautiful, show car quality paint.` How you prepare, polish and wipe your paint are equally important. In fact, most experts will tell you that the tools and process account for more than the chemicals (e.g., polish and wax) when it comes to the final results.

Since 1986, I have used and tested Klasse products in every imaginable combination and with a huge selection of polishes, applicators, towels, buffing pads, bonnets, drying towels and more. What you`ll find here are my personal notes about what works with Klasse and what does not. My recommendations come from experience and will make your Klasse experience better.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://site.sonus-usa.com/guide/KlasseCompleteKit.jpg </td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top"> Sonus makes the most complete Klasse kit available.` Sonus is the only company that formulates complementary products specifically designed to work with Klasse, including Sonus Acrylic Spritz and Sonus Acrylic Glanz.</td></tr> </table>

<h3>What is Klasse?</h3> Klasse is a synthetic wax (sealant) and the original two-step paint care system. The first formulation was released in 1969. It was a breakthrough admixing polyethylene carnauba wax replacement system.

Through the years, Klasse has evolved with many improvements. The first major change came in 1986, when Klasse was modified from its original formula to use the latest polyethylene-acry compound technology. Between 1991 and 1996, the chemists made incremental improvements to improve durability by more than 30% and U.V. protection by 100%.

There are two products in the Klasse system. Klasse All-In-One is a combination cleaner and sealant in one, whereas Klasse Sealant Glaze is a pure sealant (no cleaning or polishing properties).

Klasse All-In-One is intended to be used as a seasonal cleaner-wax, and as a pre-step to using Klasse Sealant Glaze. If your paint is in new or like-new condition, Klasse All-In-One will help you keep it that way.

Klasse Sealant Glaze provides additional sealant protection and a deeper, high gloss finish. As a pure sealant, multiple coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze can be applied to improve the final finish.

<h3>Paint Preparation</h3> The first step in any car detailing program is a thorough washing.` Wash your car with a double strength mixture of Sonus Gloss Shampoo and dry with a Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel.

After a thorough washing, inspect your paint for contamination, scratches, swirl marks and other defects.` If you find these paint problems, now is the time to correct them.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine2.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top"> `Sonus Gloss Shampoo works with the Klasse products to maintain the shine and gloss.</td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center">http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine3.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top">After washing, dry your car thoroughly using a Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel.` Don`t use old bath towels or inferior cotton toweling that can cause scratches and swirl marks.` The next step will be to examine the paint closely.</td> </tr></table>

If you wash regularly and garage your car, applying Klasse All-In-One (AIO) twice a year is normally sufficient to maintain good paint health. Klasse AIO`s cleaning ability is mostly chemical, not abrasive. The polishing ability of Klasse AIO is very slight, but it will remove fine swirl marks, stains and moderate oxidation.

Rather than rub your arm off trying to clean your paint perfectly with Klasse AIO, I suggest starting with detailing clay. Detailing clay will safely and effectively remove all surface contamination with ease.

If your car is new or in like-new condition, use Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay.` If your paint is aged or heavily soiled, use Sonus Block Detailing Clay, which has more cleaning ability.` Sonus Glyde Clay Lubricant should be used with both clay products for proper lubrication.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine4.jpg </td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top"> Detailing clay quickly and easily removes surface contamination.` Heavy rubbing is never required.` Use prenty of Sonus Glyde Clay Lubricant and rub the clay lightly over the paint finish.</td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine5.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top"> Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay car removes bonded particles left behind by Klasse All-In-One, so use detailing clay first to do the heavy cleaning.</td></tr></table>

After you have cleaned the surface of your paint with clay, inspect closely for paint defects.` As stated, Klasse All-In-One will polish away light swirl marks and slight scuffs, but it can`t remove scratches or heavy swirl marks.` For these conditions, polish first with Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish (for heavy damage removal) or Sonus SFX-2 Swirl Remover Polish.` These polishes are best applied by machine, using a Sonus SFX Polisher Kit.

After your paint is clean and heavy defects are gone, you can polish with Klasse All-In-One.

<h3>Proper Application of Klasse All-In-One</h3> Proper Klasse application requires a proper applicator. Ask any Klasse-phile and they will tell you "thinner is better.

Klasse All-In-One is not very particular about application, but Klasse Sealant Glaze must be applied as a very thin coating or it will be difficult to remove.` More about that later.

For Klasse AIO application, use a Sonus Der Wunder Applicator or the yellow side of a Sonus SFX Professional Applicator.` The Sonus SFX Professional Applicator is the right choice if your paint has fine swirls or needs more polishing power.

Work on a single panel at a time. I recommend applying a 1-inch size dab of Klasse All-In-One to your applicator and work it in well.`` Polish until the film is nearly gone.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/KlasseAIO.jpg </td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top"> Klasse All-In-One wipes on and off with ease.` You will be amazed by the bright shine!` Be sure to use the proper polishing towel!</td> </tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top"><p align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine8.jpg</td></tr></table>

Allow Klasse All-In-One to haze for just a moment and buff off with a Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel. The Sonus Der Wunder Polish Towel has just the right texture to make Klasse All-In-One removal a cinch.

If your paint finish is not as highly polished as you`d like, you can apply Klasse All-In-One again to remove more swirls and improve the level of gloss.

After polishing with Klasse All-In-One, give your car`s paint a quick wipe down with Sonus Acrylic Spritz.` This will remove any remaining polish residue and make Klasse Sealant Glaze application much easier.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://site.sonus-usa.com/guide/SonusSpritz.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top">After each coat of Klasse All-In-One or Sealant Glaze, wipe the paint finish with a light mist of Sonus Acrylic Spritz.</td> </tr> </table>

<h3>Proper Application of Klasse Sealant Glaze</h3> Klasse Sealant Glaze is very finicky about proper application.` The reason is simply that the product is as strong as iron.`` If you apply it heavily, like you would apply a paste wax, it will be very difficult to wipe off.

So, I repeat, Klasse Sealant Glaze must be applied as a very thin coating or it will be difficult to remove.

The proper film application thickness for Klasse Sealant Glaze is` "whisper thin". There should be very little Klasse Sealant Glaze film to remove when it is properly applied.

For Klasse Sealant Glaze I only recommend the Sonus Der Wunder Applicator.` This applicator evenly distributes just the right amount of Klasse Sealant Glaze.

Before starting, moisten the Sonus Der Wunder Applicator with a small amount of Sonus Acrylic Spritz.` One or two sprays is plenty.` The Sonus Acrylic Spritz will assist with thin application of Sealant Glaze.

Apply Klasse Sealant Glaze to your entire car.` Do not wipe off until it is dry.` I recommend applying no more than a 1/2-inch size dab of Klasse Sealant Glaze to your applicator at a time.` Work it in well.` Remember, rub the Klasse Sealant Glaze in until only a whisper of film remains.

Allow the Klasse Sealant Glaze film to dry for about 30 minutes.` In most cases, once you are finished applying Sealant Glaze, you can begin buffing off where you started your application.` Allowing the Sealant Glaze to dry longer will not make it easier or more difficult to buff off.

For best results, buff off Klasse Sealant Glaze with a Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel.` Klasse Sealant Glaze responds well to the short nap fabric side for removal.` Flip to the super soft, plush side for final buffing.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://site.sonus-usa.com/guide/KlasseUDM.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top">If you apply Klasse Sealant Glaze very thin and allow it to dry, it is easy to wipe off.` You will stunned by the deep gloss and wet looking finish!` Be sure to use the proper buffing towel!` Klasse Sealant Glaze can also be applied by machine.` This is my preferred method of application.</td></tr></table>

If you do apply your Klasse Sealant Glaze to heavily, use a light spray of Klasse Acrylic Spritz to assist with removal.

<h3>Applying Klasse by Machine</h3> If you have an Ultimate Detailing Machine car polisher or a Porter Cable 7424 polisher, you`re in luck! Using a dual-action polisher you can easily polish with Klasse All-In-One and finish with Klasse Sealant Glaze and not break a sweat.

Sonus makes several polisher kits that work great with Klasse, including the popular Sonus SFX Polisher Kit.` The Porter Cable car polisher works equally well when used with the proper pads and bonnets.

The benefits of machine application are many, but include easier application and a better final finish.` When applied by machine, Klasse All-In-One will remove fine swirl marks, light water spots, scuff marks and more.`` Machine application of Klasse All-In-One creates a highly polished finish.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://guide.sonus-usa.com/SonusSFX-2Pad.jpg</td></tr><tr> <td width="100%" valign="top"> Use the Sonus SFX-2 Foam Pad (white) for light cleaning and polishing with Klasse All-In-One.` To remove heavier damage, use the SwirlBuster pad.</td></tr></table>

If you have more than moderate swirl marks and water spots, you will need a polish with a bit more bite than Klasse All-In-One.` For this, Sonus developed SwirlBuster Polish.` Sonus SwirlBuster Polish combines the swirl removing finesse of Sonus SFX-2 Enhanced Polish with the high-gloss acrylic resin found in Klasse.

On first use, Sonus SwirlBuster Polish rounds over the hard edges of swirl marks and fine scratches to reduce the random light reflections. The Acrylic resins in the polish backfill the low spots to further reduce their appearance. Unlike the silicone fillers found in many polishes and hand glazes, the Acrylic resins in SwirlBuster will not easily wash away.

After a second use, SwirlBuster polish further massages away the swirl marks and begins to increase natural surface gloss. The Acrylic resins hide even more of the remaining defects and make the paint look darker and more reflective.

Here are some Klasse All-In-One machine polishing tips that will help you get better results:

<ul> To remove heavy swirl marks and fine scratches, use Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish and the SFX-1 foam pad.` Follow with Klasse All-In-one to bring paint back to full gloss. To remove moderate swirl marks use Sonus SwirlBuster Polish and the Sonus SwirlBuster Foam Polishing Pad.` For more gloss,` follow with Klasse All-In-One for To remove fine swirl marks, water spots, scuffs and fine scratches, use a generous amount of Klasse All-In-One with the Sonus SwirlBuster Foam Polishing Pad.` This pad and polish combination work together to produce amazing results.` Pre-moisten the SwirlBuster pad with detail spray. Use a clean, dry Sonus DAS Buffing Bonnet to buff off the Klasse All-In-One and other polish films. Apply 2-3 fine coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze using a clean Sonus DAS Buffing Bonnet over a Sonus SFX-3 foam pad.` Pre-moisten` the bonnet with 2-3 light sprays of Sonus Acrylic Spritz or Sonus Acrylic Glanz.` It is not necessary to towel off the film between coats.` Allow each coat to dry for at least 20 minutes. Towel off the final finish using a Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel. [/list]

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center">http://guide.sonus-usa.com/PerfectShine9.jpg</td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top">Klasse was a critical component of the paint restoration project on this Honda S2000.</td></tr></table>

<h3>More Shine & Protection with Polycharger!</h3> As good as the Klasse car wax system is, it isn`t perfect, but now it can be with Polycharger.

Polycharger H2O is a professional strength additive for Klasse car wax and Sonus detail sprays.` This amazing` additive boosts Klasse way beyond its natural capabilities, making it slicker, glossier and longer lasting.

Polycharger offers superior protection you can see, wash-after-wash (amazing water beading).` Plus, it saves you time.` Using the Klasse Complete Kit with Polycharger, you can polish and wax you car with Klasse, then keep it perfectly maintained for up to a year with Sonus Acrylic Glanz sealant spray.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" align="center"> http://site.sonus-usa.com/guide/Polycharger.jpg</td></tr><tr><td width="100%" valign="top"> Polycharger comes in multi-dose bottle, as shown above or in single dose packets.` With the H2O version for Klasse and Sonus sprays, Polycharger boosted mixtures have a shelf life of two year, so don`t boost more than you plan to use in the period of time.</td></tr> </table>

Polycharger is available in multi-dose bottles and in single dose packets.`When using the multi-dose bottle, one dose is the amount that can be pulled into the stem of the eye dropper (about 1/2 the volume of the eye dropper stem.

Klasse Sealant Glaze requires two doses of Polycharger per ounce of wax and Sonus Acrylic Glanz requires one dose per four ounces of spray.` You may add 8 doses of Polycharger directly to your bottle of Sonus Acrylic Glanz, shake and use.` With Klasse Sealant Glaze, I recommend mixing only 2 or 3 ounces of product at a time.` The average size car can be coated twice with two ounces of Klasse Sealant Glaze when mixed with Polycharger.

After mixing Polycharger with your Klasse or Sonus sprays, use as normal.` There are no special requirements.

<h3>Maintaining the Klasse Shine & Protection</h3> Sonus Acrylic Spritz is the only detailing spray made specifically for Klasse. Use it between washes to remove light dust, finger prints bugs and other light contamination. Use it after washing to remove water spots and restore gloss.

For best results, use Sonus Acrylic Spritz with the Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel. `This is a high quality microfiber detailing towels with a thick, plush nap.`` A plush nap will help protect your paint when removing dust and other contamination.

If you like keeping your car neatly detailed between washes, I`d like to recommend the OXO Car Duster. This is the safest car duster available.` I thought you`d have to pry my California Car Duster from my cold, dead, lifeless fingers, then I tried the OXO duster. The difference is night and day.

The OXO duster is lighter, yet the mop head has more surface area. The OXO duster has a safe, rubber coated handle (ergonomic, mind you!), whereas the California Car Duster is wood or plastic (depending on the model you choose). Finally, the OXO duster uses a lighter paraffin wax on the mop head so more dust is released when you shake it. I used the OXO duster on my black Porsche 911 for six months and never saw a swirl mark or streak from the OXO duster. I sold the 911 and kept the duster!

Do you want the secret to keeping your Klasse finish looking like it was just applied? It`s Sonus Acrylic Glanz!

Sonus Acrylic Glanz, is basically Klasse Sealant Glaze in a spray-and-wipe formula. You can treat your car after every wash in less than five minutes. Your paint will emerge looking like you applied a fresh coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze, and full protection will be restored.

Using Sonus Acrylic Glanz weekly, I have been able to extend my Klasse shine and protection up to a full year.` Of course, your experience will differ depending on diving and garage conditions.

<h3>SUMMARY</h3> In summary, the proper steps for a complete Klasse detail are:<ul> Wash to remove dirt and road grime. Clay to remove bonded contamination. Polish with Klasse All-In-One to restore full paint gloss. Seal with one or two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze to protect. Maintain the high gloss with Sonus Acrylic Glanz.` [/list]

I hope this user`s guide has been beneficial.` If you have any questions about using Klasse products, please send us an email.