PDA

View Full Version : question about my routine.....

gbrataas
11-10-2006, 01:07 PM
i`ve never waxed or polished before. i got some AIO and collonites.

i noticed there are several types of mf towels, what do i need to apply the AIO and collonites?

I had planned on apply with a mf applicator then using a regular mf towel to remove, doing panel by panel, then when completly done use a "polishing" mf to go over the entire vehicle. Is this right or should i be removing the wax with a polishing mf? i will probably be purchasing from autozone so le tme know what exactly i need and if i`m doing this the right way. thanks.

Setec Astronomy
11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you`re on the right track to me.

Accumulator
11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
gbrataas- Welcome to Autopia!

Yep, your plan is sound. Just make sure you get nice soft MFs and get plenty of them; they tend to get loaded with product (most people tend to use too much product especially at first) and/or get dropped on the (dirty) ground ;)

Put the Collinite on *VERY* thin, thinner than you think is wise, so that it buffs off easily. You can always give it a second application if you`re concerned about adequate coverage and it`s a royal PIA to buff off a too-thick application of Collinite (which I really like and recommend BTW).

slippy
11-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, that`s good advice,you can never have `To many` microfibre towels.You can use foam,or microfibre applicators for your AIO,then remove with a soft microfibre towel.

I would only apply the collinite with a foam applicator,as i find it is generally easier to get a good,even layer this way,just as Accumulator said,put it on *VERY* thin and it will come off easy for you.

abbeysdad
11-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Basic process seems fine.

When you apply AIO, DON`T let it dry to a haze - wipe it off while it`s still wet. And don`t be afraid to `work` it a little - it is after all a (chemical) cleaner with some sealant. I think you can use either MF or foam applicator for either, but considering, I would use a small MF towel the size of a wash cloth for AIO, and a foam pad for Collinite... but that`s just me. Do the AIO a section at a time, but for the collinite, you can do the whole vehicle, then wipe down.

bsk_500
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
what is AIO? how is it use? thank you in advance. scott

slippy
11-25-2006, 03:45 PM
AIO, Klasse All In One, as the name suggests,it cleans(chemical and mild abrasives),polishes, and protects by leaving some acrylic coating behind; very easy to apply and remove.