PDA

View Full Version : hyper dressing

CalgaryDetail
11-10-2006, 12:28 AM
I am looking at ordering a gallon of either the hyper dressing or the silicone free dressing. I have a few questions on them so here we go

1: Can hyper dressing be used on interiors (i would think so but thought i would check)?

2: What is the durabilty like on both products?

3: im looking for a matte shine, im assmuing these are the right ones, am i correct in thinking this?

4: What are your thoughts on them?

5: if not these two dressings what would you recomend (i am looking at buying a gallon or larger since i do all 6 interiors on a regular basis, more then the outside becaue Its so cold here so i need alot of product)?

6: how do they compare to 303?

Thank you for the info and help.

-mike

slippy
11-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Hyper Dressing can be used interior and exterior/engine bay,while the silicone free dressing,i think is better suited to exterior surfaces only.I would go with the Hyper dressing,because it is so versatile/economical,with dilution up to 4:1 depending on the look that you want on a particular surface.

zippymbr
11-10-2006, 07:45 AM
I use hyper on the exterior only. I have several bottles of different dilutions made up to suit my needs. Tires, wheel wells, engine parts, exterior trim are places i like to use hyper. I just looked at my bottle and it is an exterior dressing. 303 is a totaly different product in my opinion. 303 works great on the inside and weather seals but runs for me on the outside. Hyper is quite durable, and last several weeks if not driven through rain.

slippy
11-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Hyper dressing can be used on the interior,in fact it is probably a better option as it is water based,as opposed to being oil based,so there might be less dust attraction.Cut it 2:1,or 3:1 with water.

Setec Astronomy
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Hyper Dressing can be used interior and exterior/engine bay,while the silicone free dressing,i think is better suited to exterior surfaces only.

What happened to the problems of silicone fouling the engine sensors? I remember when GM first started using oxygen sensors, they came out with a special GMS (General Motors Sealant) for use on valve covers, etc. that would not affect the oxygen sensors, and advised against using standard silicone sealers. I have always wondered whether treating the whole engine with a silicone-containing dressing has the potential for any problems in a present-day engine.

joyriiide1113
11-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Do not use Silicone Free Dressing. I bought it, hated it, threw it away. It rarely last more than a day (NO LIE).

Hyper Dressing all the way.

SFD was made for bodyshop use, but the durabilty was not in mind.

imported_GregCavi
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I always try to keep a gallon of the hyper dressing in my stock at all times. I dilute mine at 2:1. The majority of the use of HD is in wheel wells and in the engine. After thoroughly cleaning the wells, I spray the hyper dressing in the wells and walk away. Hyper dressing needs to soak into whatever it is being applied to so the dressing soaks into the wells and dries perfectly even. The same applies to the engine. After thoroughly cleaning it, I spray it on then come back an hour or more later and do a final wipe off, however not wiping off will leave more of a glass if thats what you`re after. I have used the hyper dressing on trim and tires with no problems but it has been replaced with Zaino Z16 as of late for me. I haven`t used it on the interior because I think it would be pretty glossy, and grape smelling but you might be able to.

Greg