PDA

View Full Version : Polishing questions?

bluscooby
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I have a 2002 blue subaru WRX. Iv had teh car since 2002 and never polished it. Since there are so many different types of products out there I was cursious If anyone can point me in the right direction? I have some swirl marks and spiderwebing on the car but nothing really bad.

Thanks in advance.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
If over the counter, there are several brands that could be of value. Duragloss can be found at most CarQuest parts store, or you could go with a 1-2-3 punch from either Mothers or Meguiars......Im assuming your cleaning by hand?

slippy
11-10-2006, 07:11 AM
If you are working by hand,then i would suggest Einszett paint polish and metalic polish,or Autoglym super resin polish.I have allways got great results from using all of the suggested products when hand polishing.

Accumulator
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
I have a 2002 blue subaru WRX. Iv had teh car since 2002 and never polished it.I have some swirl marks and spiderwebing on the car but nothing really bad..

Welcome to Autopia! I had an early WRX too, the paint isn`t all *that* hard to work yet it`s hard enough to stay OK with a good wash regimen (lots to learn about proper wash technique ;) ).

If you`re working by hand I second the 1Z polish recommendation. I also like the SRP but in this case I`d stick with the 1Z topped with a wax as opposed to a sealant (I recommend Collinite). See how that goes, you can always get fancy later. There`s really something about the 1Z stuff that makes it super for use by hand, never known anybody to regret using it.

bluscooby
11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I jsut picked up a PC so I will be trying that out for the first time. My only concern was the paint on Subarus is not all that great plus there are jsut a ton of products to choose from. I was thinking of using the Sonus brand has anyone had any experience with that?

SVR
11-10-2006, 08:11 PM
With cars I have detailed, I have found big inconsistency with each car. Some are peely, others ripply or almost level.

The paint is soft and easy to remove marks

Menzerna is a top choice on it plus sonus sfx range.

My father has an 04 STI in WRC blue so I have experimented alot with polishes on it

joshtpa
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Megs NXT then followed by a nice carnuba. Maybe #26