PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot - Turbo Vac Deal

Sergei
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I just picked this little unit up at Home Depot. There are a bunch sitting on a pallet for $9.00. The internet special is $13.98, but if there are some available at your local HD, $9.00 is great.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/jsearch/product.jsp?pn=100093643

It`s a Suzhou EUO Turbo Vac Dual Action - it sucks and it blows out!

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/871932000129_4.jpg

Comes with tons of attachments. I just used it inside my car. More than decent suction. The next time I wash I will definitely test the blower for blowing out water in between doors, mirrors, crevices, etc.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I dont know if I could use it but for $9.00 its quite a deal!

Pats300zx
11-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I bought this vac like 2 years ago when it was on sale for $10. It can be beat for the price.

imported_WCD
11-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I was told once that you should not use a vac for both applications. You might have loose dust particles that get through the filter and when you blow, there is a chance of blowing the particles back onto your car. It`s up to you, but I would buy two if you really like using it for blowing.

Rob

clipperfan
11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I was told once that you should not use a vac for both applications. You might have loose dust particles that get through the filter and when you blow, there is a chance of blowing the particles back onto your car. It`s up to you, but I would buy two if you really like using it for blowing.

Rob

+1 to that comment. I`ve seen it happen.

jasonmac
11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I picked up a hose kit for my shop vac at that price -- I love it. I use it only on the cars, and the `dirty` hose is for other pickup.

Sergei
11-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Rob

Hmmm... very good catch. Scratch that idea. I think I will stick to compressed air cans then for blowing water out.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Hmmm... very good catch. Scratch that idea. I think I will stick to compressed air cans then for blowing water out.

EEEEEEEks you must go through some cans! Consider a 5gl container for compressed air. Swing by the gas station and fill it up for $.25!!

Or, you could always buy a portable compressor. I wouldnt be caught dead without mine.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/Helper_with_air.jpg

mixxmstrmike
11-09-2006, 01:44 PM

For the price you mentioned, why not buy ANOTHER unit specifically for blowing out air. Label them accordingly so you don`t pick up the wrong one and having two units "may" save you some time.

Food for thought...

-Mike

Sergei
11-09-2006, 05:23 PM
For the price you mentioned, why not buy ANOTHER unit specifically for blowing out air. Label them accordingly so you don`t pick up the wrong one and having two units "may" save you some time.

Food for thought...

-Mike

Yep, I just did that. For another $9.00, it`s a no-brainer.

PhaRO
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
No luck at one by me. Looked around everywhere, asked someone that pointed me to their vacuum section but nothing. Any special place in the store they stock these at?

KiaDude
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
No luck at one by me. Looked around everywhere, asked someone that pointed me to their vacuum section but nothing. Any special place in the store they stock these at?

Ditto here--none to be found at the local HD through my own efforts and only a blank stare when asking for help followed by a vague gesture toward the regular shop-vac section. Where in the store have the rest of you been able to find these vacs?

Sergei
11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
hmmmm... I did notice when I went back the second time, the pallet full of these units were moved to another random location. Both times they were not near the vacuum section. They did appear to be near the large aisle in the center of the store towards the back. Maybe it`s a regional situation where they are trying to move old stock. I see the regular price was $29.95. Online it is $13.95...