PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable complete kit

av6gp
11-06-2006, 09:23 PM
What do you guys think? Good deal or would i be better off buying the pads seperately as needed?...I think thats a pretty good price

http://autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424.html

fdizzle
11-06-2006, 09:36 PM
i bought that exact kit before they changed it.

now, you get an additional small backing plate good for the low profile cutting/polishing pads, which can also be used when you invest in some 4`` pads for your porter cable, a very effective tool to remove defects - serious ones that you would normally need a rotary or cyclo for. It still takes a long time, but the 4`` pad gives the PC far more cutting power . . .

its a great kit . . . you will not be dissapointed and there is a significant savings if you price each item on its own . . check to make sure (by calling autogeek directly) that any coupons or discount codes you may have apply to bulk kits . . . sometimes they do not . .

av6gp
11-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah it seems like a pretty good deal. The only thing i was worried about was that i didnt need that many pads. But i guess i can use the more abrasive ones on my g/f`s car which is begging for some attention. My other option is to purchase the porter cable alone which is on sale for 109.99!!

av6gp
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Also would that kit that i posted be all that i need? Does it come with a counterweight? a large enough backing plate?

Thanks guys/gals

Envious Eric
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
eh....its a good deal if you want all that stuff....but if you search around, you can find that you dont need some of it, and you wont need to use some of it....

check out www.exceldetail.com for everything...good prices and he will set you straight on what you will need/not need....

av6gp
11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
If i decide to get everything seperate, should i get the 5" or 6" backing plate? Are there any advantages to either?