PDA

View Full Version : opinions on my product line up

davev24
11-06-2006, 02:07 AM
I have 3300 miles on my 2006 wrx not to many imperfections but this is my lineup for winter prep...

meguairs gold class car wash

clearkote vanilla mosse wax

pinnacle carnauba wax

anything i am missing please tell me, I dont have too many swirls paint is next to new, will the clearkote be enough i also have some of my ssr stuff to... any info would be great

BigAl3
11-06-2006, 02:11 AM
don`t forget the clay...

thesacrifice
11-06-2006, 02:55 AM
I made it through last winter with Meguiers Gold Class Wax and NXT Tech Wax on my 06 wrx. Although now that I`m more of a detailing "guru" I cringe at trying it again......although last year winter my car sat in a parking lot 5 days a week while I was in a "school."

I think if you picked up a Quick Detailer and a product like Aquawax to use after quickdetailing you could make it thru the winter just fine.

cchiu1026
11-06-2006, 03:56 AM
don`t forget the clay...

Definately a must if there are a good about of contaminates. If you want something with a more protection, definately give Klasse or some type of acrylic protection a shot, then top with a wax...

Chris

thesacrifice
11-06-2006, 04:12 AM
then top with a wax...

Chris

or sealant

slippy
11-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Which Pinnacle wax do you have?,and are you working by hand?(i will guess that you are)

Accumulator
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
davev24- Welcome to Autopia!

My WRX had paint that was too hard for VM to do any correcting, so I`d plan on using your SSR stuff.

IMO you might oughta consider Collinite waxes for the winter. I never got any great durability out of any of the Pinnacle waxes I`ve tried, but Collinite has seen my beaters through plenty of winters, even when they`re outside 24/7.

FWIW when I had my WRX I used the Klasse twins on it, with multiple coats of KSG. I didn`t bother topping the KSG with a wax, just refreshed it from time to time.

davev24
11-07-2006, 01:56 AM
thanks to all who submitted, i think i will try the vm stuff if it doesnt work then ill use the ssr, i have klasse its great for protection but i wanted a little more pop out of the paint its the wrb color so i heard carnauba gives a little more so what ill probably do is,

no claybar car is neede still to clean not to many contaminates on paint (its still very smooth after i wash it)

clearkote vanilla moose if it dont work ill do ssr

then klasse aio

then pinnacle series 2 carnauba

Accumulator
11-07-2006, 11:15 AM
davev24- If you get a chance, please post back about what it takes. I`d be interested to hear if the VM did the job.