PDA

View Full Version : how long is zfx`d z2 or z5 good for?

idwib
11-05-2006, 05:04 PM
once you mixed with zfx.. is it good for another week? or should be used immediately?

thank you.

Sergei
11-05-2006, 06:25 PM
From the Zaino website:

When stored at average room temperature between 65° and 75° degrees, shelf life is as follows:

Z-PC 3+ years

Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.

Z-6 5+ years

Z-7 5+ years

Z-8 5+ years

Z-9 5+ years

Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 18 months.

Pasted from <http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAQ&Store_Code=Z>

imported_GregCavi
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
I think he is referring to once the z5 or z2 is mixed with zfx how long it is good for. I am pretty sure its only good for 6 hours IIRC.

Greg

Sergei
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Once you mixed ZFX w/ Z2 or Z5 you need to use it w/in 6 hours. That`s why it is very important to know how many coats you are going to apply before hand. That`s the very nature of ZFX it quickens the drying process for Z2 or Z5. Without ZFX you typically wait about a day for the Z2 or Z5 to completely dry. Also you need to completely soak your mixing bottle and applicator pad after using a ZFX`d Z2 or Z5 with a degreaser like dish washing detergent. Otherwise they become unuseable. I also degrease w/ Simple Green.

cwcad
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I tried one time to see how long it would take for Z2Pro with 5 drops of Zfx in two ounces to become hard. I used it on my vehicle and had about a half ounce left. Let it set over nite and it was not hard but I did not want to use the product any more. I also threw the bottle awat.

I believe the web site says that ZFX`d Zaino products should be used with in 12 hours then disposed of.

joe.p
11-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Will the Z5pro harden or does it become difficult to remove? I was told if you use the ZFX with there polish the unused portion must be thrown away. I did find about 1oZ of Z5Pro ZFXed in the garage left over from whem i Zainoed out the Buick.. the 1OZ left in the bottle still looks like the day i added the ZFX to the mix. Whatta you think should i to a small test spot or is stick a fork in it and toss it..of course this would only be an experiment?

cwcad
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I would think it would harden. That has been my experience.

If you have a test panel or some old wheels I guess it would not hurt. I know if it were me I would throw it away.