PDA

View Full Version : The Death of The Sleeper...

Pages : [1] 2

ChiliCooperS
11-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Last night I was on my way home from Indianapolis and a little north of Rochester, IN, on US-31 when I can around a corner and a deer appeared in front me. I was going 75mph in my MINI, and hit it square. All the airbags except the side curtains went off, the windshield except for the perimeter black portions of it, is completely gone. I ended up at the bottom of a drainage ditch. Almost every panel is damaged in some way or another. The insurance guy said only the front is bad the rest can be replaced fairly easily but more than likely it will be totalled. This sucks it was my first car, and I made it into a fire-breathing monster at 253whp which is REALLY fast for a Non-Nitrous or Twincharged Cooper S. Next year I was going to twincharge and it would be around 340whp with just bolt-ons, but right now that is looking bleak. I had a dislocated shoulder but I popped it back into place when i got out of the car. Other than that my face is scratched to hell but I`m fine. Here are some camera phone pics I took when the flatbed dropped it off at the body shop:

BEFORE:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_1930.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_1946.JPG

AFTER:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/gallery/data/500/mini414.jpg

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/gallery/data/500/mini127.jpg

Mike

cwcad
11-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Sorry to hear of this spot of bad luck.

GLAD to hear that you are only scratched. Tough Luck on the car. As long as you are alright things can be replaced to make it what you want.

Sure looked good in the shiny picture part.

SDLexus
11-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Good to hear you`re OK, sorry `bout the car but it can be replaced.

What happened to the deer?

Mark77
11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah sorry to hear that(and see the pics of your damaged Mini). Glad you are Ok. I saw 3 dears on the road when I was driving home from our summer residence today. Really scared me, but they ran in to the woods before I even got very close.

ChiliCooperS
11-05-2006, 03:06 PM
What happened to the deer?

According to my girlfriend who was following me it went like 8 feet in the air and landed like a punted football in the median. :laugh:

kompressornsc
11-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah sorry to hear that(and see the pics of your damaged Mini). Glad you are Ok. I saw 3 dears on the road when I was driving home from our summer residence today. Really scared me, but they ran in to the woods before I even got very close.

Were they reindeer? :chuckle:

(sorry...had to ask...)

Mark77
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
:getdown Nope they were these deers with white tails. Smaller than rain deers :D But good try :nana:

onemeanmachine
11-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, especially your first car....but atleast it took the beating for you! You should have thrown the deer in your trunk so you could atleast be crying for your dead car over a nice venison tenderloin!

J.J.
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Good thing it didn`t come through the windhshield! Those minis hold value well. You should be compensated well too!

JJ

Ron Harris
11-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I do lot`s of work for a body shop that repairs BMW`s and Mini`s for the dealer.

Parts ar fairly cheep for the Mini. The damage dosen`t look like enough to total it.

velobard
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Bummer of an accident, it`s the sort of thing that can happen to any of us in the blink of an eye. Bummer about your car, too. I realize you`ve put a lot of effort into turning your car into just what you wanted, but if they do total it, then hopefully you can start with a clean slate rather than a car that`s had major repairs.

SVECobraR
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
you popped your shoulder back in? Talk about adrenaline rush, good thing your okay man. It can be buffed out, all it needs is some OHC and an Yellow pad on 6.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
you popped your shoulder back in? Talk about adrenaline rush...

That`s what I was thinking! I thought they only did that in movies...have you watched Lethal Weapon a lot of times?

crazynova23
11-06-2006, 12:03 AM
You should hope that its totalled. I personally will never want to drive a car thats been in a serious accident before. Also, if that how your Mini fared, I`d hate to see after pics of the deer.

JohnZ3MC
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
I`m sorry and saddened to hear about the demise of your Cooper S, I`ve watched and monitored your postings for as long as I can remember, and for as long as you`ve been posting about your car. I, like you, thought it was the best Cooper in the whole world and I`ve been at your side each and every step of the way.

I`m deeply greived by your loss, but buoyed by your survival, the strength of your character, and the strength of your inner self, and harken to the Lethal Weapon series where Mel Gibson pops his shoulder back into place at will. You`re one tough SOB, and while this may be the lowest point in your life,

you want to consider the fact that:

You`re still stucking oxygen, and your ride can be fixed. It can be even better than it was, rising like a Phoenix out of the ashes to be even more powerful than it was.

By all means, remember what was, but look forward to the future - metal and glass can be yours again, in all it`s splendor, and more powerful than it was. You and the car can rise again.

Recouperate, grow strong, both physically and mentally and ride the wild Cooper S. again, this time I want you to do three things:

-Keep it red, for red is beautiful,

- Give it more horsepower, for horsepower is beautiful,

- Keep posting, just because I live vicariously through you.

Get `er done!

-John C.