PDA

View Full Version : What Is It With Me & Megs ?

Macko
11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Do you folks ever get the feeling a particular brand doesn`t like you ?

Meguiars hates me. I`ve tried loads of their stuff and been very unhappy with all of it. Today I was doing a Honda Civic & everything was going swimmingly, that was until I decided to break out a tin of Megs 16 paste wax. Thud, my lovely metal flake was killed stone dead - Grrrrrrrrr.

The thing is I know the damn stuff works, a friend has just done his TT & it came out superb but whenever I try any of the Megs line it`s a complete dissaster.

slippy
11-04-2006, 03:15 PM
What did you use prior to #16?

Macko
11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
KSG, the flake was popping really well. I think I may have over-egged the pudding.

slippy
11-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah,you may be right.Any `Heavy` carnauba is going to mute the flake to a certain degree.If you prefer the sealant `look`,and wan`t to maximise the flake `pop`,i would suggest using P21s,or signature series to top the Klasse,or if you really like KSG then just do another coat and leave it without a wax topper.

Macko
11-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Ah, thanks for that.

Accumulator
11-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Macko- Yeah, I quit topping my KSG with #16 (on silver) too. Some metallics just look sharper with a sealant only, others look super with #16, not a one-product-suits-all type of thing.

Interesting about your pal`s Audi, *our* metallic Audis look always look good with #16 too.

But you`re not alone with regard to Meg`s stuff generally not being right for you ;) Lots of good product lines to choose from, and I myself don`t use all that much Meguiar`s stuff any more. Especially when it comes to polishes, there are other choices that`re a lot better for me.

joshtpa
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I think Megs Nxt does wonders on silver.

the other pc
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
No one company can make every products that’s perfect for everybody so by all means, if you find you prefer whatever products over Meg’s then those are right for you.

Meg’s products may not be ideal for you but they still shouldn’t ever be “a disaster.†I’ve been to a number of Meg’s sessions and the thing you hear over and over again from people is “Ah ha! That’s what I was doing wrong!†Maybe they were using the wrong product for a given task or their technique was based on some other product from their past but time and time again I see people who were having difficulty turn it around with a little insight and a few simple adjustments to their process.

PC.

imported_NHBFAN
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
I`m one of the few who never was particulary impressed with #16.