PDA

View Full Version : ssr2.5 by hand?

accordmaniac
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi all. I was wondering what would be the most effective way of using pb ssr2.5 by hand? My PC is at home which is a thousand miles away and I want to clean up a car for someone who has been very nice to me. I plan on doing it over Thanksgiving weekend so I still have some time. I am going to use qew to wash since the high right now is 50ish degrees, hand polish, and upp. I probably won`t get it perfect but good enough that it looks good to a normal person. Plus it`s going to snow soon anyways. Just want to show her that I appreciate her kindness. Also i need mfs and a interior protectant from target. I was thinking the value pack of mfs, mf applicators, and armor all. How does that sound? I don`t know what`s the condition of the paint but I don`t think she cleans it often, but like I said looking for better not perfect (I can`t even get near perfect with a pc so I don`t expect much by hand). Thanks.

accordmaniac
11-04-2006, 07:40 PM
nada? maybe i should use a more eye catching title next time. this is the first time that i`m trying hand polishing so i have no idea what to do.

BigJimZ28
11-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I would have someone mail my pc to me

you have a few weeks!

imported_paradigm
11-04-2006, 08:42 PM
i haven`t tried it...but i would think it would be waaaaaaaaaay too much work to try it by hand. even with a dedicated "made for hand polishing" product...it will take you forever to do an entire vehicle by hand. i`d have someone ship your PC to you...shouldn`t cost that much to ship.

imported_SVT Wylde
11-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I tried SSR 2.5 by hand and micromarred the #$@! out of my paint.

accordmaniac
11-04-2006, 09:09 PM
thanks everyone. shipping my pc didn`t come into my mind. it would suck to have to find a place to put it in my dorm though. but i think i will tell my mom to ship it to me asap.maybe my mfs too.

imported_paradigm
11-04-2006, 09:17 PM
i just noticed you`re at uw-madison...badger alumni here. :)