PDA

View Full Version : Hello.. quick question about detailing environment ...

zhan
11-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi... I`m new here ^^

I just traded in my 350Z for a 330xi.. but its been sitting at the dealer for a while so... its pretty dirty but today its like 40 degrees outside... I wonder if its ok to start detailing...

Wash, dry, clay, wax with NXT paste wax?

David703
11-04-2006, 09:05 AM
good question.......... as far as washing no problem. I think some of the directions on some of the waxes say the minimum temp range....somewhere around 50-60 degrees. As far as claying goes, I guess as long as the lubricant you are using doesn`t freeze you should be ok. Welcome! And if you do a search with "temperature" in the subject, you`ll get a lot more views on the subject. I just did and got over 20 posts. Very interesting stuff.

imported_MCA
11-04-2006, 09:58 AM
You "should" be good with a couple of adjustments due to the temperature. Some clays get really difficult to knead and form in cold temps - Wet it and warm it up in your hand frequently. Also, some waxes/sealants will take an extended amount of time to haze and set up during the cold - just wait a little longer than what the instructions say before removal or do the "swipe" test every now and then.

Hope that helps...MCA

BTW... :welcome to Autopia!

thesacrifice
11-04-2006, 10:52 AM
wash again after claying!

nice ride :)

Wish I could afford a 335

zhan
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
thx for the replies :hifive:

zhan
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
i dont know what you guys think of the NXT Paste wax but i personally think its really good ^^

thesacrifice
11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I`ve had great results with it, although its protective qualities dont last long and arent worth writing home about.