PDA

View Full Version : Dealership Prep?

jswatek
11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
I am a new poster here but have been lurking for years. First of all, thanks for all the great info and kowledge sharing.

I just picked up a 2007 z06 which the dealer prepped. What products do they generally use? Should I wash it off and start over with Zaino? Or should I wait until it no longer looks good after a few washings?

Thanks!

BobD
11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I think most dealers use water mixed with sand usually. Most likely, after the first few washing the car will look horrible. At least this is the outcome from a majority of the dealers I have seen. Your best bet is to strip the glaze/wax they put on and start from scratch with your own. You will probably need to polish it out first though.

BigAl3
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I think most dealers use water mixed with sand usually.

bwahahaha! :rofl and they dry your car with a sandpaper waffle weave...

BigAl3
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I think most dealers use water mixed with sand usually.

bwahahaha! :rofl and they also dry your car with a sandpaper waffle weave...

jswatek
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I think most dealers use water mixed with sand usually. Most likely, after the first few washing the car will look horrible. At least this is the outcome from a majority of the dealers I have seen. Your best bet is to strip the glaze/wax they put on and start from scratch with your own. You will probably need to polish it out first though.

Lol! I thin you are right! I tried to stop them from touching the car but couldn`t get there soon enough. Their excuse was that they had to wash it to inspect for damage, blah, blah, blah. I guess I`ll wash it with dawn and inpect it to see what to do next.

Thanks!

BobD
11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Lol! I thin you are right! I tried to stop them from touching the car but couldn`t get there soon enough. Their excuse was that they had to wash it to inspect for damage, blah, blah, blah. I guess I`ll wash it with dawn and inpect it to see what to do next.

Thanks!

Keep us posted. Good luck!

OGauge4Me
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM

Thanks!

As a general rule when you purchase a new car you have to sign a contract. You can enter items into that contract and have penalties associated with the items. I always add the following.

Dealer to remove the protective exterior plastic wrap and interior protective plastic wrap. At no time is the dealer allowed to wash or dry the car. If dealer washes or dry`s the car I have the right to refuse the purchase.

This works every time. :xyxthumbs