PDA

View Full Version : Trim? when?

thesacrifice
11-01-2006, 10:02 PM
At what point in your detailing process are you guys attacking your trim?

My issue is that I like to attack the trim after polishing and waxing. I`ve been cleaning the trim during the original wash with ONR but after waxing the paint I have been using AIO on the trim to remove excess wax etc and get it nice and clean. Since AIO is a cleaner, I`ve been hesitant to really work in the edges of the trim that touch the paint. So I`m looking for a better process. Should I use AIO before wax and polish and then remove excess wax buildup with a different product?

fdizzle
11-01-2006, 11:13 PM
good question . . . i fint that dressing the trim, though some may find this wasteful, before polishing helps to easily rid of any accidental splatter. (not everything can be taped, and at 5 bucks a roll for 3M painters tape . .. jeze . .) A final wipedown after my final paint step leaves the trim nice and glossy, no smearing onto painted surfaces, and good to go . .

Accumulator
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I use the Klasse twins on a lot of exterior trim, even on some vehicles that I use other LSPs on. I`d just try to keep the AIO off the waxed surfaces; I`d probably use a barrier such as the thin cardboard that comes with dress shirts and lady`s pantyhose- hold it beside the trim so the excess AIO gets on it instead of on the paint. If a little AIO does get on the waxed paint, I`d just wipe it off very quickly and gently. It`s not like the AIO instantly compromises wax....it`s a good cleaner but it`s not *that* potent (IMO).