PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove egg stains?

Azxster
11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, my dad`s car was a victim of vandalism. I used ON No Rinse with hot-warm water followed by a touch-less car wash. The yolk stains are still there. I don`t see significant physical paint damage, just chemical. What is the best solution? Will Clay + AIO remove the yolk stain?

imported_jaobrien6
11-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately, my dad`s car was a victim of vandalism. I used ON No Rinse with hot-warm water followed by a touch-less car wash. The yolk stains are still there. I don`t see significant physical paint damage, just chemical. What is the best solution? Will Clay + AIO remove the yolk stain?

I`ve done this a couple of times on my car and on friends` cars. :(

First question is do you have just a stain left, or is there some stuck on egg/shells, still? If you got all the egg physically off already, but there`s a stain left, then don`t bother with clay. I have found that AIO can work if you got the egg off right away. However, one friend, it happened while she was out of town for a week, so no clue how long exactly the egg sat on the paint before she came home. AIO didn`t quite get that all off, but some Meg`s Scratch-X took it off.

The worst part about the egg is the chips in the paint, though. So your paint didn`t get chipped at all from the shell? If not, you got lucky (sort of :))

RAG
11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Polish/Buff...a bunch if needed. If it doesn`t come with that - repaint. That`s the deal, unfortunately.

Azxster
11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
It got egged a few times... I only found 1 spot with some light chips. Other than that, the panels are smooth. I`ll probably have a bodyshop do airbrush touchup on the hood.

I`ll try the AIO and ScratchX method! Should AIO be applied by hand or machine (which I don`t have yet). And what is a good sealant since I heard KSG isn`t the best (looking for depth + longetivity -> ClearKote or Poorboys line)... and if I am going to buy sealant, might as well get the better stuff.

imported_jaobrien6
11-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Just for a little more info, you don`t have to use Scratch-X... any light polish should work for you. I used Scratch-X because it works very well by hand, and I didn`t have my PC available to me at the time. Since you don`t have a buffer, Scratch-X is a good OTC light polish that you can use easily by hand, and should do the trick.

As for a sealant, that`s a whole `nother issue. I don`t know if I have a good recommendation because I seem to be constantly trying new LSP`s... Right now I`m using Werkstatt AJT and am pretty happy with it. Is it the best? eh, I don`t know, there are a lot of sealants and waxes I like a lot depending on the mood I`m in.