PDA

View Full Version : newbie here product question

kennethevo6
11-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Hello peolpe,

I am new to this detailing thing... I always liked to have my cars spotless, i now have a car that i wanted for a long time so i want to keep it in pristine condition... I am from ireland myself so dont know many of the products yee would be discussing on here, At the moment i mainly use meguires products, and i am pleased with the results and many of my friends think now that my car couldnt be any cleaner, but after finding this forum and reading it inside out i no longer think my finish is good enough.. I have seen some pics of the finish that the people here aim for and all i can say is WOW....I was looking into buying the polishing machine and some of the SONUS products from here, it seams a great bit of kit.. I attached some pics of my car and although it looks clean there is swirl marks on it..What would you recomend buying to make a good cleaning kit, Postage seams a bit steep too to ireland, is there any other options to send it, dont mind if i have to wait a few weeks.....

thanks,

ken... ;)

Macko
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard.

There are some really good on-line shops in England you can try;

Clean Your Car (www.cleanyourcar.co.uk)

Motorgeek (www.motorgeek.co.uk) Polished Bliss (www.polishedbliss.co.uk)

Clean & Shiney (www.cleanandshiney.co.uk)

I`ve used them all, fast delivery too. The cheapest way of getting a PC is to buy it from Autopia & source a step-down transformer locally. If you don`t mind spending a few bob extra Clean Your Car will do the whole package, PC, pads, transformer & all leads - works out slightly mre pricey but saves messing about.

kennethevo6
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Welcome aboard.

There are some really good on-line shops in England you can try;

Clean Your Car (www.cleanyourcar.co.uk)

Motorgeek (www.motorgeek.co.uk) Polished Bliss (www.polishedbliss.co.uk)

Clean & Shiney (www.cleanandshiney.co.uk)

I`ve used them all, fast delivery too. The cheapest way of getting a PC is to buy it from Autopia & source a step-down transformer locally. If you don`t mind spending a few bob extra Clean Your Car will do the whole package, PC, pads, transformer & all leads - works out slightly mre pricey but saves messing about.

Cheers mate,

I will give a look at them sites then,

What product range do you use with the PC,

Thanks,

ken..

Macko
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I`m relatively new to the PC but I`ve used the Sonus range which has been really good, easy to use too. I`ve also used Clearkote Red Machine Glaze (RMG), Wolfgang paint sealant & tomorrow I`ll be using Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime on my brother -in-law`s Audi A6.

The PC makes life much easier & you get better results, I wouldn`t be wthout mine now. All 4 of those dealers will be happy to give you pointers on suitable products.

Nice Evo BTW, one day I`ll have meself one.

kennethevo6
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I`m relatively new to the PC but I`ve used the Sonus range which has been really good, easy to use too. I`ve also used Clearkote Red Machine Glaze (RMG), Wolfgang paint sealant & tomorrow I`ll be using Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime on my brother -in-law`s Audi A6.

The PC makes life much easier & you get better results, I wouldn`t be wthout mine now. All 4 of those dealers will be happy to give you pointers on suitable products.

Nice Evo BTW, one day I`ll have meself one.

Thanks for the help and the comments,

There an awesome car, go get one asap :2thumbs:

Any traders wanna help me out on this one please,

Thanks,

ken.

Daragh
11-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Hello Ken,

Sent you a PM.

Regards,

Daragh.