PDA

View Full Version : Simoniz Electric Buffer...?

WuNgUn
04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
My girlfriend`s dad has a Simoniz 10" orbital buffer...brand new, still in the box.
What is the general consensus on here about this $49 buffer?
I know it has no where near the speed or travel of a PC, so does just basically mean it`ll take more elbow grease and a pad with more cut to get it done?
Or should I not even attempt it on my `precious`?

JaredPointer
04-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I think the general consensus is that it won`t do anything in the field of defect removal, while it may (or may not) help with the application of wax. In many cases, some people claim that the terry bonnets sold for use with those bufers will actually induce marring. I guess you could try it and see what you think about it, but I wouldn`t expect much as far as swirl removal or anything.

lucky6025
04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Leave it in his garage.1. it is akward to use 2. speeds are not controlable 3. pad or bonnet replacements are expensive and not giving you what your looking for. 4. if You want one look on ebay tons of them 9.95. anywhere you can find porter cable 7424 or 7336 will be well worth it. Lowes store carry them for 99.00 new(7336) You can try his machine but in my opinion wasting your time and products.Why is it sitting in his garage LOL.

WuNgUn
04-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reply guys...I`ll save up for a PC :)