PDA

View Full Version : Z-2 pro review

mongo
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
OK there are no pics in this thread

subject: 2001 White Cadillac Deville paint in fairly good condition

On first day used Meg`s deep crystal paint cleaner with Meg`s even coat app. removed with cotton towels.

then used P21s paint cleansing lotion applied with Sonus MF app orderd these from bettercarcare.com removed with cotton towels. The surface was smooth

next day washed with Z-7 wash with Viking cotton chenille mitt the on with the cotton logo on the packaging.

Z-1 and Z-2P were applied with Meguiars yellow foam app pads. The reason I do not like the new apps that he gives; the old ones were nice. - does any one have any other advice on a bigger app that would be good-

The Z-1 went on smothly better than it did previously several years ago as not prep at all was used.

Z-2p went on farly thinly on horizontal surfaces it was difficult applying it long ways with the Meg`s app the bigger apps are nice for this on vertical surfaces in was easier going up and down. 5 medium/big DFTowels were used to remove the Z.

Overall i am pleased as to how it turned out :xyxthumbs

This coming weekend will put on second coat then next weekend will put on another coat of Z-1 then Z-2P for 3rd and laast layer before winter and the inlaws come for Thanksgiving :usa

questions comments smart remarks

I am pleased as to how this turned out in spring will order some more Z-7, then add some Z-6 and Z-8

mongo

mongo
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
HM... quite intersesting peeps

i see

Eliot Ness
11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
The only Z applicator I have used is the newer one, so I don`t know how the older version differed. After the first application of Z5/ZFX I switched over to the PC and a 4" finish pad to do the other two applications. The reason I switched over was because it was getting late, I was getting tired (did a bunch of yard work before), and I was doing a mini-van. I will say I really liked using the PC with the Z.

mongo
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I know Autogeeek sells bigger foam apps but one side is for polshing so you can only use one side for the Z plus they are pricey.

Elliot Ness what about using the Handi-applicator you were referring to on another thread using the finshing pad but then would have to wash the Zaino out every time.

mongo

Eliot Ness
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
.....Elliot Ness what about using the Handi-applicator you were referring to on another thread using the finshing pad but then would have to wash the Zaino out every time.......Yeah, those should work OK. I used the one sent with the "Z" I ordered just because it was the one they recommended, but after I switched to the 4" pad on the PC I didn`t consider using one of those. I had to use some Dawn and soak/work the pad a bit, but the Z did wash out OK.

imported_memnuts
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Sounds good Mongo. You do not need to apply another coat of Z1 yet. Just wash with the Z7 and apply another coat of Z2PRO next weekend. Z1 is only required after 8-10 coats or every 6 months. No benefit by using after a single coat.