PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country vs. Sonus Foam Pads...

Sergei
10-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I am about to buy a PC 7424.... but I see some deals out there that offer pads. The kit comes with the PC and a whole boat load of Lake Country Pads (6.5" and 4" pads with backing plates) for $199. Autopia has for $189 a kit with Sonus pads - only 6.5" with 5" backing plate).

Is there much difference?

Thanks,

wannafbody
10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
some Sonus pads are made by LC

coupe
10-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Which ones?

fdizzle
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
I dont know the answer to the above question . . . but I floss lake country pads all day every day . . . . I own two sets of pads and they all look bran new after over 10 uses per set on some very bad paint . . . just my .02. . . . im sure the sonius pads work well, they have had some great reviews. . .

Sergei
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
some Sonus pads are made by LC

I confronted SonusUSA on this. It`s partly true. They may come from the same foam manufacturer, but with the biuld specifications unique to SonusUSA. After hearing this explanation it makes sense. This is common in many industries. You have certain factories that make certain components that due to economies of scale, contract out their capability to keep costs lower to their vendor. Look at it this way... starting up a foam manufacturing plant with the material and tools is way too huge for a vendor with sales $1M range.