PDA

View Full Version : oil from fingers on paint

danthelion
10-31-2006, 12:54 AM
alright im pretty scared. i was workin on my car (installing longtube headers) and when i got up i accidently held on to part of the car and now there are imprints of oil there and i wanna know how i can get it out! :sosad

BigJimZ28
10-31-2006, 11:01 AM
try a qd

but do it quick as old fluids can be very bad for the paint

Accumulator
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
You might even consider just doing a full wash. I`d rather spend time washing (and maybe even using a paint cleaner and rewaxing) than risk permanent issues.

danthelion
10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
yeah i tried washing it but its still there =[ like when i scratch at it with my nail, i can see it going away but i was wonderng what could get it out asap

Accumulator
10-31-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah i tried washing it but its still there =[ like when i scratch at it with my nail, i can see it going away but i was wonderng what could get it out asap

Same `ol same `ol that I try for most anything: first I`d try clay and if that didn`t do it I`d use the mildest paint cleaner/polish on hand. Then rewax.

Eliot Ness
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah i tried washing it but its still there =[ like when i scratch at it with my nail, i can see it going away but i was wonderng what could get it out asapIt shouldn`t be too hard to remove. I`d think a paint cleaner or even a cleaner wax would do the trick. If all else fails you can try something simple like Windex, but you`ll have to rewax that area.

danthelion
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
i even trried quick detailing and it didnt work if thats what qd stands for

danthelion
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Same `ol same `ol that I try for most anything: first I`d try clay and if that didn`t do it I`d use the mildest paint cleaner/polish on hand. Then rewax.

i tried claybarring and it still didnt come out! what is a good paint cleaner?

Accumulator
10-31-2006, 01:26 PM
For an OTC solution, Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Step #1 or their Color-X cleaner wax would be two choices.