PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

Nuke33
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Can you use spray lube on Glass or will it streak, and if u can, can you also use clay on them?

And does Meg APC work well on wheels and wheel wells, and can it be used to clean carpets, and interior vinyl, does it work well on carpets or should i stick with a "real" carpet cleaner?

One last question, when I’m cleaning my engine i use the apc on all the surfaces and then lightly mist it off with the hose, can i just leave the engine running and move off the area if it bogs down. Or do i have to cover all the electronic parts. Cleaning my engine makes me nervous because I don’t want to hurt anything

fdizzle
10-30-2006, 09:42 PM
yes. . . any non wax/sealant fortified quick detailer can be used on glass

(for just glass cleaning applications use a glass cleaner, better reults IMO)

yes. . . you can clay your winshield . . .

Havent used MG APC, I floss Simple Green

When I clean engines I use an Air Compressor, Power washer and try to do it when the motor is cold, so my APC and Dressing dosent evaporate. Light mists of H20 USUALLY wont harm anything. Stay away from direct spray to ligh housings, electrical modules and engine firewall grometts - you might get some lame car where a crappy stereo installer drilled through the firewall and didnt seal the hole where he ran power wire . . . not that thats ever happened to me . . .

After i rinse the motor and blow it out with the air compressor I start the car. Others do in differently and most of the vehicels I need to clean the engine on are beaters anyway . .

Hope this helps . .

Nuke33
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
What about in on carpet seats dash ect.....