PDA

View Full Version : Three Must Knows for Detailers...

ipodwheels
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
A wise man has said once that most life`s lessons can be put in a list of three.

If you were to list the three most important things that has guided you in successfully modding your ride, what are those?

Remember, only three.... :idea

For 1: Experts are there for a reason, use them........

Spammy signature removed. -- Tort

thesacrifice
10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
I haven`t really put a lot of thought into this subject as I`m getting ready for work, but what immediately came to mind was that you need to eventually settle on a product. The grass is always greener and people will stroke something new every few months, wether it`s zaino, menzerna, duragloss.... what works for you works for you. Although it is fun to try new stuff.

Also, sweat the small stuff. Clean paint looks like crap if the trim is covered in left over wax/polish/products.

01bluecls
10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Umm anyone else confused by this thread...

neonecko
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
I think he means describe how you condense your details into three steps:?

fdizzle
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
i am left with a little confusion here . . . however om not in a very philosophical mood right now, ill be back after i have four or five beers . .

imported_02ZTSfocus
10-30-2006, 10:35 PM
1. Cobra towels really are *that* much better

2. Polish longer than you think it will take to break the polish down

3. Even though 90% of the general public will never appreciate all the work you`ve put into perfecting your finish, its still worth it for that out-of-the-blue comment you get from a complete stranger.

White95Max
10-30-2006, 10:57 PM
1. Don`t cheap out on yourself. Buy the good stuff the FIRST time. This includes products, tools, and MF towels.

2. Don`t use your PC on speed 1 and expect to remove swirls with it.

3. Pay attention to the little things that nobody else would ever notice. (They really do notice them; they just don`t know it)

Junebug
10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
1. realize you can`t polish a turd, but do your best anyway

2. don`t kill yourself trying to make a show car out of a daily driver

3. if you`re satisfied with your work, then the customer should be extremely pleased!

BobD
10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Umm anyone else confused by this thread...

No because it is a spammer.