PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my bugs off!

LandonZ
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey, the last couple of cars that I did had some bugs on the front that I just couldnt get off.. Of course they had been on there a while!! Whats your secret on getting dried bugs off the front of the cars? I want to buy something that will make my bug cleaning easy!

Thanks

landon

BigAl3
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
go to your local big lots and pick up some long haul truck degreaser & bug remover, it`s only $3 for a huge 28 oz bottle! i hadn`t washed my car in two weeks and i used this stuff the other day on some grease, bugs, etc.. and it made short work of it fast. pick up a few bottles, because it won`t be around forever...

chutney
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Did you try to clay the bugs off? Worked with me. If you put som layers of sealant and waxes they come very easely off at each wash.

Here is a threat dealing with it :

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35492&highlight=goo+bugs

Krodad
10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
I use duragloss on all my surfaces, but on the leading edges I also use collinte IW...makes the bugs come off really easy.

I have no idea how harsh the bug and tar removers are, so I don`t use them. Now that I have ONR, I think a presoak with this will also help make them just fall away.

The hard frosts have now come in my area, so the bugs are all over for a few months!!

LandonZ
10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
thanks guys.. I guess i wil try some other bugs removers.. I have plenty of wax on my car, so i dont have a problem with getting them off of my car..its customers cars..They leave them for months. I keep searching.. in the meantime, thanks for everyones input. A appreciate it

Landon

imported_flatstick
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks guys.. I guess i wil try some other bugs removers.. I have plenty of wax on my car, so i dont have a problem with getting them off of my car..its customers cars..They leave them for months. I keep searching.. in the meantime, thanks for everyones input. A appreciate it

Landon

For customer`s cars you may want to consider PB bug squash. it does a nice job on those neglected cars and trucks. just my two cents.

televascular
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I went to my local ShopRite and bought a package of 100ct. Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes for $1.99. They take the bugs off in an instant. But you have to wax that area afterwards.

By far, the most cost-efficient way to go.

Accumulator
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
If the bugs have been on there a long time you might have etching to deal with. I don`t have *much* trouble with that, but I did have to do two spots on the hood of the S8 a while back, the bug-guts etched the clear, requiring some spot-correction.