PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on restarting a detail left overnight

chucky2
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
OK, I`m a total newb to detailing. My 2003 truck which I bought new has never seen any type of wax (yes, I`m bad, I know), however I recently moved back to the Chicagoland area which likes to try and set road salt records each year.

So, I searched on the site a little and tried to find Collonite wax as a LSP, however, I cannot find it around here. I did manage to find Meguairs #21 however.

My plan was to wash (done), Meguiar`s Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner "Step 1" (done), Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze #7 (not done), and then follow-up with a couple applications of the Meguiar`s #21.

Here`s my problem: I only got to finish the Step 1, and haven`t started the #7.

Will the truck sitting overnight (won`t rain) be a problem if I just go out, run a terry cloth towel over it tomorrow, and then start the #7? Will I have to do anything in advance of the #7 to make it ready?

Thanks in advance, this is a great site!

Chuck

thesacrifice
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
You need a "Quick Detailer" product and a microfiber. What this does is lube the surface of your paint while it cleans and removes light dust/dirt without marring.

GlossyTundra
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
If it were me, I would wash it again, or atleast a good QD.

David Fermani
10-29-2006, 09:21 PM
If it were me, I would wash it again, or atleast a good QD.

Washing shouldn`t hurt anything and could help you determine if your process/product selecton is working. If the shinier finish you just created doesn`t hold up for one wash, you might need to change things up a bit.