PDA

View Full Version : window cleaner...stoners vs. megs concentrate

Envious Eric
10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
i really like the stoners glass cleaner, but I am looking into buying more products in bulk now...

has anyone on here used the megs glass cleaner concentrate? what did you dilute it to? how does it compare to something like stoners?

thanks.....

35TH LE
10-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Ive used Stoners for years... and recently bought a 1gal of the Megs concentrate. I will be using it for the first time tomorrow. :nervous2:

I bought it for the same reasons you had in mind... bulk item pricing.

Juztang
10-27-2006, 05:22 PM
You can actually get Stoner IG in bulk too.

Envious Eric
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
where can you get stoners by the gallon dilutable....window cleaner is not something that i want to spend a lot of money on...after all you can make your own with water and vinegar....but at 1.50 per gallon, its hard to pass up....once I get it I will compare them...

Setec Astronomy
10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
The Meg`s stuff is good, it`s just got a heavy grape smell. It dilutes 10:1, so the gallon for about $15 makes 11 gallons, or about 55 20/20 size bottles, so it`s pretty economical.

Juztang
10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
where can you get stoners by the gallon dilutable....window cleaner is not something that i want to spend a lot of money on...after all you can make your own with water and vinegar....but at 1.50 per gallon, its hard to pass up....once I get it I will compare them...

Sorry you can`t get it dilutable. You can get it in 5 gallon and 55 gallon drums though!

Envious Eric
10-27-2006, 07:12 PM
thats what I am going for....economical....no more 5 dollar quarts of things when there are 20 dollar gallons that are dilutable....up to 4-10 to one....like megs hyper and glass, and APC

imported_flatstick
10-28-2006, 07:56 AM
I have used the Meg pro glass cleaner. works well and a little goes a long way. my only problem is that I bought a gallon and it will take me forever to go through it :laugh: I use it with a cobra WW for glass and so far no issues. people seem to like the grape smell too.

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2006, 08:44 AM
...my only problem is that I bought a gallon and it will take me forever to go through it :laugh:

Yeah, I don`t know what I was thinking, as I noted above, it makes the equiv. of about 55 bottles of OTC glass cleaner...so that ought to be a 20 year supply for me, even if I use it in the house, too...

imported_flatstick
10-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I don`t know what I was thinking, as I noted above, it makes the equiv. of about 55 bottles of OTC glass cleaner...so that ought to be a 20 year supply for me, even if I use it in the house, too...

So I am not the only one :funnypost my wife likes to use it around the house as well. guess I figured better to buy in bulk. not sure how many car and truck windows can be done but a lot more than I figured :o I do a few large company vans but that is only once a year. suppose having a product go farther than you thought is not such a bad thing. :sign