PDA

View Full Version : Purple Power degreaser

emaxxman
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
So I have some questions about Purple Power:

How is it different from Simple Green?

Does it work on tires like Eagle One Tire and Wheel Cleaner? I like how EO just makes old solvents melt off.

Is it safe for wheels?

Can it clean wheels / brake dust like Eagle One does? Or do I have to still agitate with a brush?

Is it safe for all surfaces under the engine hood?

Is there anything on a car that I should avoid getting Purple Power on?

Thanks all in advance.

trhland
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
i use this purple stuff called scum buster. i bought it from dannys detail supply .com its great for rims tires painted surfaces everything. and its safe i love it its an all purpose cleaner

panger
10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Be careful with the wheels if they are smoking hot. Like most concentrated APC it can mark the wheels if they are very hot.

Zrex61
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Is there anything on a car that I should avoid getting Purple Power on?

[/list]

Thanks all in advance.

Yes, don`t apply it to anything that is bare metal, or anything that has any kind of paint on it...

& it WILL remove your skin, in sheets... :eek:

apart from that, it`s fine.

BlueLibby04
10-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Yes, don`t apply it to anything that is bare metal, or anything that has any kind of paint on it...

& it WILL remove your skin, in sheets... :eek:

apart from that, it`s fine.

So in other words you may want to dilute it?

Zrex61
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Somewhat :), but you still don`t want to get it on your skin.

imported_Lightman
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM
It`s very strong stuff in pure form, capable of breaking down and cleaning off some seriously nasty stuff..however yes it will start stinging your hands after no time. I`ve seen several members here recently posting that they use it in varied dilutions for a variety of tasks with success.

96snake
10-29-2006, 10:13 AM
A quick search would help a lot. Its the only apc I use. I cut it 1:1 for nasty stuff like wheels, tires, wheel wells, nasty carpets, etc.

It needs to be diluted down. For interior vinyl I would go AT LEAST 9:1. As mentioned above, DO NOT use it on uncoated aluminum. It makes quick work of underhood cleaning as well.

For 4-5 bucks a gallon you can`t go wrong.

Lorne

justin30513
10-29-2006, 10:56 AM
At 9.98 for 2.5 gallons, it`s a deal for me doing so many cars. I`d pay that much in shipping for that size of anything else! I have 2 bottles....one 10:1 and 4:1 for regular interior and tire/wheel cleaning. If it`s bad, I`ll use another bottle of full strength. I can see dirt dripping off of the tires and wheel wells with it. I do mats at full strength too with no problems. It helps if you get a foaming nozzle.....your EO Tire and Wheel bottle does. Pour it in there and give it a shot!

emaxxman
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
At 9.98 for 2.5 gallons, it`s a deal for me doing so many cars. I`d pay that much in shipping for that size of anything else! I have 2 bottles....one 10:1 and 4:1 for regular interior and tire/wheel cleaning. If it`s bad, I`ll use another bottle of full strength. I can see dirt dripping off of the tires and wheel wells with it. I do mats at full strength too with no problems. It helps if you get a foaming nozzle.....your EO Tire and Wheel bottle does. Pour it in there and give it a shot!

My thoughts exactly. I was going to give it shot after the EO runs out. I have some heavy duty chemical safe wood working gloves. I used them while spraying to play it safe. I had some very diluted Simple Green and that dried my fingers up big time...of course I had my hands submerged it while scrubbing a big turkey fryer... :eek: