PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble drying my sonus DAS pads

coupe
10-26-2006, 10:03 AM
example:

I wash them by hand with dawn. Then i set them up on there sides to dry. Almost 4 days later they feel totaly dry. So i put them back in their ziplock bags and put them away.

2 weeks later:

For no apparent reason i take a pad out of its bag and feel it. I find it to still be damp. So i check all of them that i had washed 2 weeks prior, they are all this way.

How do you guys totaly dry these things?

imported_smprince1
10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I find the same thing ... the surface is dry but the pores deep into the foam below the surface must still be holding water.

I dry mine on a wire rack for many days .... and even then I usually don`t zip the bag closed to let it air out. They sometimes get mold/mildew if I zip them shut.

Grimm
10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I can`t get them dry either. Just like you, I washed mine by hand, then flattened them several times with my hand to get out all the water I could. Then I set them out on their sides, and they were still wet over a week later. I also was going to store them in a bag, but found they were more wet that way because it keeps them from drying out. It`s the same reason you are supposed to keep clay bars in a bag because it keeps them from drying out. Same concept is used with paint rollers if you plan to use them within a short time and don`t clean them. Put it in a bag and put it in the fridge, and it keeps the paint on it from drying out.

coupe
10-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess im gonna have to leave the bags unzipped.

Joshua312
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I just throw mine in the washer and dryer...have never had a problem so far with the velcro with either 4" or 6" pads.

EnhanceSS
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I use the same method you use.. but after i squish the water out i spin them on the PC for a couple seconds

74 thing
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Spin them on the PC afterwards to help remove the water and be careful about storing them in a ziplock wiht moisture because it may cause mold to grow.

coupe
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I just throw mine in the washer and dryer...have never had a problem so far with the velcro with either 4" or 6" pads.

Im still scared to do that. Im tempted but scared.

Taubs
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM
I have a backing plate which fits onto a normal drill, one whizz around in an empty bucket and all the water is out.. Takes no time at all then for the pad to dry.

joyriiide1113
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM
I put the damp pads on the backing plate of my PC or Rotory and spin them. I face them inside a 5 gallon bucket not touching the walls, and after maybe 15-20 seconds they`re fully dry.

Strs90
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
After only one use, all my sfx finishing pads (4 - Blue) have become moldy. Yet my White and Yellow pads still look brand new. I washed them with the pad cleaner sold here and let them dry for a week then stored them in a plastic container. Do you think using these would hurt my finish or can I still use them?

http://hometown.aol.com/Strs90/mold.jpg

coupe
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Thats a good question.

I dont think it would hurt anything personaly.