PDA

View Full Version : Respect where respect is due

BostonDirtDog
10-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Recently I purchased some OP from Top of the Line. I have never used this product before, but heard many praises on ths site and decided to give it a try. I noticed that it had a clumpy cottage cheese like consistency unlike any other polish I have used. I found out through this site that I must have received some of the "old formulation." I contacted Optimum and they confirmed my suspicions, and even offered to send me a free bottle of the "new formulation" with my next order. I thought this was a very admirable thing to do seeing I hadn`t even purchased it from them originally.

I emailed TOL just to advise them, and immediately received an email response back. Janet even followed up with a phone call and very sincerely apologized for the error. She stated that a bottle of the new formulation was already in the mail.

To me this is a lesson in good old fashioned customer service by both companies, and I commed both of you. :thx

Grimm
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I must say, many of the detailing vendors are amazing examples of customer service from all of the posts I`ve seen. Too bad more places can`t follow that example.

TigerMike
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
TOL is one of the few and rare companies out there that actually go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy. Their customer service has always been second to none. I really like to see businesses, like TOL, strive for excellence, because it sets them apart from the norm.

fdizzle
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
i must mention autogeek here, though there exists a whole thread (optimum users: please advise) on this event, I had the same situation occur. I was livid, as they advertise the new formula on their site, and i was shipped the old.

One phone call =

new formula 3 day select UPS, and let me keep the old bottle

I order form TOL aswell, and im glad to know they hold the same level of customer service . . .

Grimm
10-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Same experience for me from Autogeek. My backing plate ripped apart the first weekend I used it, and they had another sent to me at no charge on Monday.

imported_Padron
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I too, have had both, Top of the line and Autogeek go out of their way to help with order problems......and getting me products I needed NOW for jobs..

Customer service at it`s best.... :2thumbs:

lemans23
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
User Juztang on here is probably one of the most admirable business owner`s I`ve dealt with. Man is honest, sticks to his word, and ships faster than a Koenigsegg. Great man.

joe.p
10-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I ordered a bottle of OP a couple months ago from TOL. before the purchase i ask if they the had the reformulated OP..the answer was yes. I was told to order from there online site and be sure to put in the comments box that i wanted the New Reformulated OP as they still had some old bottles available..By now all the vendors should stock the new version of OP ..make sure you ask before you place your order..

mgm2003
10-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Janet, Irene and the crew at TOL are all about EXCELLENT customer service. :up

abbeysdad
10-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I wasn`t as lucky. I ordered the `new` OP formula from autogeek, but got the old. At the time, I didn`t know about the `new` sticker, so just started using it (had to shake the heck out of it to remix.)

Okay, I didn`t complain, so I can`t comment on customer service, but I have to ask <rhetorical> .... if the web site advertizes the new formulas, why is everyone being shipped the old stuff ???

Do they unload the old stock unless the customer complains?

fdizzle
10-25-2006, 10:50 PM
they must be doing that, since it has happened to more than three people that I know of on this forum alone . . . oh well, just call them and they will ship you a bottle free . . . thats what they did for me