PDA

View Full Version : Interior and Exterior Detailing Questions

imported_FX35
10-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I can`t believe how much I`ve learned in just the past few days that I`ve been reading through this forum. What a wealth of information!

I have a few questions about interior and exterior detailing of my new FX35.

(1) For the interior, I`ve decided to go with Zaino`s Z-9 and Z-10 for the leather. What I need some help with is deciding on a product for the vinyl. Based on comments here, I`ve narrowed it down to Meg`s QID, 1Z CP, Sonus CD, and Poorboy`s NL. What I`m looking for is ZERO gloss. My FX has nice flat vinyl, and that`s the way I`d like to keep it.

Based on people`s comments, it seems that 1Z has less gloss than Sonus, and Poorboy`s has the most gloss of these three. What about Meg`s? How does its gloss level compare with the other three? It also seems that Poorboy`s has the most protectant. But is this important if I`m going to apply an interior detailer every week or so? Does Meg`s QID offer any protection?

(2) For the exterior, I`m debating between 303 and Zaino`s Z-16 for the tires and for the exterior plastic and rubber trim (I`ve also considered Sonus Total Eclipse). Here I`d like a very light gloss, or "satin," finish. I don`t want much gloss, and I want to use a water-based product. What are your opinions on these two products?

(3) One last exterior detailing question. My FX has those silver-colored, powder-coated aluminum wheels. I think they are clearcoat as well. After washing them with a good wheel wash, what, if anything, should I put on them? Should I wax them? If so, can I use the NXT wax that I`ll be using on the car?

NEW AGAIN
10-25-2006, 02:09 AM
1] Go with 303 you need something that has uv block in it

2] Armol All it waterbase wont HARM paint

3] Yes or a good sealant I use Nu-Finish

Mr.Cool
10-25-2006, 03:04 AM
1] Go with 303 you need something that has uv block in it

2] Armol All it waterbase wont HARM paint

3] Yes or a good sealant I use Nu-Finish

I second that, the 1z has the least gloss out of all of them but the 303 has better uv protection , what you could try is 303 let it settle then come back and wipe the remaining gloss off.

i tried the armrol and Meguairs High Endurance difference low gloss versus high gloss the only thing i didnt like about armrol is that i didnt last as long as the megs but this topic comes down to personal prefrence just like the wax you would choose to me different cars different gloss.

What ever wax you use for the exterior put it on the rest of the car such as the wheels, windows, headlights, tailights it gives it a crazy look and also has the same general purpose. (it makes it easier for the next wash making the water and dirt beed right off)

I to learned alot from this site within like the first 2 days (so dont think im a pro) usaually when i want to see how well a product holds up i just look at the Click&brag section thats were i spend most of my time and also me and the search button are best friends thats were i get most of my zaino knowledge from. hope this helped you out man good luke!

imported_FX35
10-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.