PDA

View Full Version : NXT users, gather round...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

lemans23
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
So I decided to try out NXT wax today. Went to the local autozone, looked around, and saw three different varieties: liquid, paste, and spray. Being a strong carnauba advocate, I decided on the paste wax and the spray for quick wax jobs in between. Little did I know that NXT contains ZERO carnauba, and that the liquid (2 dollars less) would do just as good a job. Anyway, no point in crying over spilled milk, so I opened up the can, rubbed some on the little pad, and almost passed out. The **** smells HORRIBLE, easily the worst smelling detail product I`ve worked with this far. Again, no big deal. So I applied the paste to a section of my hood (EX and #26 below it), waited for it to haze, and then wiped it off. Wow. The car looks like a silver candy apple that`s melting in that spot. Can`t wait to try it on the whole car. I then tried the spray on the other side of the hood. I was instantly disappointed. I was expecting it to glide easily, but once it hit the air it became more of a paste than a liquid. I buffed it out as well, and I didn`t even notice anything like I did with the paste tin. Either way, I have some questions:

1. Differences between the liquid and the paste versions?

2. Why does it smell so horrible?

3. What`s up with the spray wax? Can I spray it on my wet car and dry it off to a shine like I do with turtle wax spray wax?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

imported_themightytimmah
10-24-2006, 04:41 PM
1. Differences between the liquid and the paste versions?

2. Why does it smell so horrible?

3. What`s up with the spray wax? Can I spray it on my wet car and dry it off to a shine like I do with turtle wax spray wax?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

1. Not a whole lot, the paste is supposed to be more durable but I`ve been plenty happy with the liquid.

2. It`s an acquired taste, I happen to like it. Or maybe you got a bad batch.

3. I *hate* the NXT spray way. My bottle met its end at the wrong side of a .22.

justin30513
10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I`m an avid user of NXT Liquid. It takes so little but goes so far. NXT looks good on anything I believe. Others here say they get no durability. I`ve seen 3 months worth on my wife`s van. It`s just an easy product to work with and get great results. I believe alot here put it down because it`s and Over The Counter product.

Just remember, it takes 2 coats of NXT liquid to get an even finish. And you need to let it dry totally to prevent streaking. Plus, the liquid version smells awesome!

The NXT Spray is a booster wax for topping NXT in between washes. It will not do squat by itself.

lemans23
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
The spray is what smelled the worst actually. When I went in for a nose-to-hood look, I almost gagged. The paste is livable.

justin30513
10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
The spray is what smelled the worst actually. When I went in for a nose-to-hood look, I almost gagged. The paste is livable.

I thought you were talking about the liquid wax.

Describe it. Mine smells like some fruit or a can of Full Throttle!

Pats300zx
10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I kinda like the smell of NXT. It smells like "Lime" to me. For an OTC wax it really can`t be beat. Durability is probably its biggest downfall.

justin30513
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
What distance is everyone wanting out of NXT? Im confused over this.

lemans23
10-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I thought you were talking about the liquid wax.

Describe it. Mine smells like some fruit or a can of Full Throttle!

The paste and the spray smell just like chemicals. Can`t describe it further, it`s just this bitter, acrid smell. The paste isn`t bad, it`s the spray that kills you.

imported_CDTGaticaW201
10-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I kinda like the smell of NXT. It smells like "Lime" to me. For an OTC wax it really can`t be beat. Durability is probably its biggest downfall.

Man, I always thought NXT smelled good. I`m glad I`m not the only one...I definetely thought it smelled like "lime." In terms of looks, I really liked the NXT paste, it darkened my black pearl paint to make it more black and less gray (which is what I want) and it wax extremely reflective.

justin30513
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I`ve had customers even comment on how well NXT liquid smells and looks!

sneek
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
haha go smell Deep Crystal step one and you shall see how bad products can smell

wannafbody
10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
if you like NXT you`d probably love #21

sneek
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
lol its funny because i dont really like NXT but i love #21

StealthMode
10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I love NXT, it always blows me away the day after I apply it. It has a very nice deep shine on my black Jetta. Durability has been really good on my car, it`s garaged, so I`m sure that makes a big difference. It`s been about 3 months since I applied it, and it still looks good an beads up. Curious to see how much better #21 is.

lemans23
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Link to #21 by any chance?