PDA

View Full Version : P21S streaking?

motorpycho
04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi all,
I washed my red car and then applied P21S paint cleaner, then rewashed,clayed and washed and then I applied Meguiars #9 swirl remover,#7 show car glaze,Poorboys EX and for my final step I was applying P21S wax, but now it looks worse than what my dog did in the yard this morning? I love this wax and never have had it do this before, but its streaking badly. Is it compatible with the EX? Maybe its too oily?
Problem is I was house sitting and only had the garage until today and now im pretty much screwed. I have a good car cover on it and thought I would ask here before doing anything else. How can I remove these streaks without removing any of the prior products and what wax would you recommend I top the EX with? I am so aggrevated right now because its taken me a week to get to this point and it looked like glass until now and im without a garage now. I could use your help please.
Thankyou!

Boss_429
04-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Not quite sure what the problem could be? Did you apply all those products in the same day?

I`ve never tried P21S over EX, (at least I don`t think :D ) so, I`m not sure what the issue could be. However, to be honest, I probably wouldn`t have applied EX over #7. #7 is loaded with oils........... EX may have a problem with them.

tubafeak
04-10-2005, 06:23 PM
The #7 is probably what`s doing it. It`s not letting the EX bond, you`re gonna want to get that off.

CARGUY
04-11-2005, 05:02 AM
i would try washing the car again and putting another coat of P21S on it but this time try working it into the finish as much as possible. It might just be that the paint is very dry and is still absorbing the polishes and waxes so some places are more saturated with the products` oils (especially the Meg`s No. 9 and No. 7) than in other places. If the streaking is more noticeable on the top surfaces than on the sides of the car it`s a tip off that the paint is still too dry and lacking the feeder oils that it needs. Also, EX can be applied in the sun but P21S should be applied in the shade to prevent a baking effect.

I just tried Klasse AIO and SG on part of the hood of a car as a test and the SG had insane streaking so I tried putting a second coat of SG on it after a couple of days but this time I thoroughly worked it into the finish (using the WOWO method) and it evened out just fine.

Another fix, though maybe only temporary, would be to apply a QD (4* UGE works really good for this) which should hide the streaking instantly but I`m not sure if it will reappear after a couple of rains or washes or not.

SilverLexus
04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I have never had trouble with P21S or GEPC causing streaks. It`s likely a process or combination issue.

motorpycho
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I didnt apply everything the same day. I did the EX 2 days after #7 and the wax a day after that. If I have to remove the #7 how would I need to go about that? Am I going to have to start all over? I sure hope not because I dont have a garage to use anymore. Maybe I will try to wash it really good and then try to reapply the P21S and hope for the best. I really love this wax and agree its probably a bad combo causing this. I only applied the wax to the hood before stopping in disgust so would there be another wax that may possibly not streak?
Thankyou again!