PDA

View Full Version : hot water extractors and what i prefer

imported_Grouse
10-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Just reading through some posts about carpet extraction you seem to be *very* knowledgable about the subject. I would like to pick your brain on something, if you don`t mind of course.

I want to buy an extractor, but I am unsure as to what the specs should be. I know that I want heat, but how much? This would be for a fixed location. What specs are an absolute must? Any models that you would recommend. I only want to buy one once--if it breaks that`s one thing, but I don`t want to buy another one because I overlooked features.

I appreciate your help, and take your time answering--I know you are busy.

Joe

For the bare min,

http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=282

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Vac Motor: Single 3 Stage

* Pump: 100 PSI

* Heater: 1200 Watt Inline

* Water Lift: 137"

* Housing: 6 gallon, poly-molded solution and recovery tank

* Accessories: 15ft Vacuum/Solution hose

* 4 Inch Stainless Steel Upholstery tool

* 25 ft Blower Hose/Attachments

* Built in Blower

* Dimensions: 16" x 28" x 29"

* Weight: 80 lbs

here are my thoughts on this, For a small shop 1-2 cars this would be fine. The down side is the single heater. It will take longer, and have more stress put on it than a 2 stage heater. Also the solution tank is small barely enough to do a heavy cleaning job. Making stop to fill it and heat it back up.

The newer model of what i have, but less than what i have in many ways.

http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=200

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Vacuum motor: Single 3 Stage

* Pump: 100 psi

* Water lift: 137 Inches

* Heater: 1200 Watt Inline

* Solution Tank: 11 Gallon

* Power cord: 25 Ft 12/3 guage

* Accessories: 15 Ft Vacuum/Solution Hose

* 15 Ft Blower Hose/Attachments

Same 1200 watt heater on a larger machine, again you will be stressing that heater to it`s limits. you get a larger recovery tank and solution tank. To be honest this is a fair deal. But my older model has an intank 1200watt heater and an inline 1200watt heater with 500psi internal parts for a mere 300 more.

Now for my choice if i was to buy a machine.

http://www.detailplus.com/soil_extractor.htm

Look for the hot one.

HOT-ONE Price - $1595.00

Specifications:

Body Rotational Molded High-Density Polyethylene

Solution Tank 13 Gallon Capacity

Pump 150 PSI

Vacuum Motor 3 Stage Lamb Motor

Heater Dual 1200 Watt In-Line

Vacuum/Extractor Hose 20’ Hide-a-Hose

Detail Tool 3†Stainless Steel w/Window

Power Cord 25’ 0â€

Switches Waterproof

Amps 20

You get 150psi A big plus on fabric and very dirty fiber, You get a 13 gallon solution tank. Figure 3-5 gallons for heavily soiled cars. You get dual 1200 watt heaters, it will heat faster, and have less stress on it, you get 147cfm (i asked). Most importantly you get upgraded hose and tool. Why do i consider that important?

Hida hose puts the solution line inside the vaccum hose. This keeps the 180-200 degree solution hose off the fabric, leather and trim. with out care you can damage those items. It also makes for a more compact package, easier to use, less mess to fuss with. The vacuum hose is upgraded above what mytee includes in their kits. It is far more durable and lasts far longer. it is not prone to seperation and splitting like mytee`s hoses.

I have used both sets of tools for years, they bothe are good. that being said the one included in the hot one is of better quality, and ergonomics. It is designed and chosen to work in cars. the one i have from mytee is a bit older, and made for furniture. It works, but not as well as the one included in the hot one.

hope that helps,

if you have 1000 the mytee spyder 60

if you have 1300 the mytee hp100

if you have 1600 an older mytee hp100 or the hot one.

EBPcivicsi
10-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Great, thanks for the info!! What type of electrical needs does the hot one require?

edit** What does the blower feature do?

imported_Grouse
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Each of the machines has a air out put area. The blower function is nothing more than a 2nd hose you put in it to blow dirt and junk out of the nooks and crannies. I believe the hot one is capable of that to. 15` of high quality hose is 20 bucks or so.

as for the electrical requirements I`d call detailsplus and ask them directly.

Accumulator
10-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Grouse- Interesting that the Hot One only draws 20 amps! I have to plug my Century`s vac and heater cords into different circuits to keep from tripping the breaker.

nrpepper
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Just FYI, for all. Our 1200W. Heaters are all "Dual" heaters. They are actually two 600 Watt heaters set up back to back.

Also, the blower attachment and hose is designed for air purging, drying, etc. It uses the exhaust from the vacuum, which previously was just routed out of the bottom of the unit. I believe we are the only ones who do this currently.

Just thought I`d clear that up.