PDA

View Full Version : FireFox 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

BobD
10-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Rocks! I just downloaded it. This thing has a built in spell checker for forums, which is awesome because my forum doesn`t have spell check. LOL

Eliot Ness
10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Isn`t this a beta version that will eventually replace version 1? If so I look forward to the spell check feature!

I think I`ll let you "cutting edge" guys test out the beta version before I download it ;) .

imported_Yal
10-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Nice! :bigups

Joshua312
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the heads up..going to download it now! Gotta love Firefox!

Has anyone seen Internet Explorer 7 screen shots? Basically mimics firefox in my opinion. Just as the new Windows Vista mimics the Apple OS (By the way...check out the Leopard OS screenshots if you`re geeky like me :)

imported_GregCavi
10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
does anyone have a link? I can only find v 1.5

Thanks!

Greg

BobD
10-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Isn`t this a beta version that will eventually replace version 1? If so I look forward to the spell check feature!

I think I`ll let you "cutting edge" guys test out the beta version before I download it ;) .

It`s the real deal. I guess they are supposed to release it at 1700 PST. Which I think is 5:00PST?

kartoon
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
does anyone have a link? I can only find v 1.5

Thanks!

Greg

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0/win32/en-US/

Joshua312
10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
^ Thanks for the link...stupid filter on the wi-fi I`m using won`t let me download right now so I will have to do it when I get home. Thanks again

BobD
10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up..going to download it now! Gotta love Firefox!

Has anyone seen Internet Explorer 7 screen shots? Basically mimics firefox in my opinion. Just as the new Windows Vista mimics the Apple OS (By the way...check out the Leopard OS screenshots if you`re geeky like me :)

I have the new IE7. They released it like a week ago. I like it much better than the old one for sure.

BobD
10-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Just as I suspected I went to download and couldn`t find it as well :( But I will be on at 5:10 to download so I don`t jam the server at 5 when everyone else is trying to download :laugh:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0/win32/en-US/

Joshua312
10-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I have the new IE7. They released it like a week ago. I like it much better than the old one for sure.

The only reason I asked if people seen the screenshots is because I won`t go near an IE download to see it for real :)

BobD
10-24-2006, 09:22 AM
The only reason I asked if people seen the screenshots is because I won`t go near an IE download to see it for real :)

I still use Ie. More than I like but sometimes I find I have to on certain sites.

imported_GregCavi
10-24-2006, 09:55 AM
thanks for the link!

Greg

TortoiseAWD
10-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Just FYI, you may need to clear your Autopia cookies after the download. It may have just been coincidence, but after I dl`ed FF2, I was unable to get anything to come up for http://autopia.org. Once I cleared the Autopia cookies, it came right up.

Tort

paul34
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
does anyone know if they have fixed the memory handling in this version? It`s possibly the only flaw with FF thus far, something they haven`t addressed yet. There are two memory problems with FF that seem nearly universal for all users:

1) Major memory leak. I have 2 GB of RAM on my computer, and FF has taken up to 500 MB of RAM before!

2) Big lag when opening new tabs. Opening a new tab will cause everything in the browser to freeze momentarily, and while loading the page in the new tab, performance will suffer in the rest of the browser. This is true after a fresh insatll (before installing tab mix plus), after a fresh reformat of the entire operating system, etc., so I don`t think it`s anything else except firefox.

I`m going to give it a whirl! Wait, will this break my other extensions? It is a beta afterall, and I`m not sure if extensions have been updated yet..