PDA

View Full Version : Amount of polish after 1st panel

Stuff
10-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Do you guys use the same amount of polish on the rest of the car as you did on the first panel? What I mean is lets say your first part is 1/2 a hood. You put either an "X" or a circle of polish on the pad. Polish the half of the hood and remove the polish. But then on the second half of the hood(and the other panels of the car) would you put the same amount of polish on the pad that you put on it for the first panel? Hope that makes some since. I searched around but was not sure. Nothing I have read said how much to use past the first section you do. Thanks for the help guys!! (I`m talking about a PC)

az57chevy
10-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Use the same amount per surface area. If there is residue from the first panel, you are putting too much on the previous application.

Envious Eric
10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
no, the first panel gets more to "prime" the pad....the rest gets 4 pea sized dabs....and then if I work a larger section, then I add a little more....

35TH LE
10-23-2006, 11:51 PM
...the rest gets 4 pea sized dabs....and then if I work a larger section, then I add a little more....

What size of a section do you cover with "4 pea sized dabs"? I have a bad habit of using too much product and would love to use that amount but Im wondering how much you cover in one pass.

Thanks

Stuff
10-24-2006, 09:50 AM
no, the first panel gets more to "prime" the pad....the rest gets 4 pea sized dabs....and then if I work a larger section, then I add a little more....

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Useing a little bit less on the panels after the first panel. But 35th LE does have a good question.

imported_hooked
10-24-2006, 11:01 AM
A common area that I`ve seen mentioned is a 2` x 2` section.

BigAl3
10-24-2006, 12:22 PM
i put a circle of product on the pad and dab a few spots and work one section at a time, and then move on to the other spots...

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
haha we should all post photos of our pads after polish is applied to them... someone has to be doing a smiley face every time :p