PDA

View Full Version : Prime Strong + Carnauba Jett/Optimum Spray Wax

racingbeat
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
ok first of all pics are coming. digital camera battery died before it got dark.

I`ve been detailing this Silver BoxsterS for a couple of years now and I can honestly say I have never seen it look this good with just a polish. DItto on the wheels. Last week I detailed the car and the results where the typical bright shine after an Optimum No Rinse shine, Optimum Car Wax spray chased with 425.

This time around I decided to do a winter prep with the Werkstatt Prime Strong and Carnauba Jett. The first thing I noticed was how grabby the Prime Strong was vs. Klasse All in One. Once I was done I couldn`t beleive how much glow there was. I could have left it as is and it would have been one of the best shines I`ve seen on Silver. Incredible sparkle. I did this by hand and the results were as good as anything I`ve gotten with the PC.

For the sealing part I decided to try out the Werkstatt`s Carnauba Jett, Optimum Car Wax mix. I sprayed the CJ directly onto the panel. Then I Sprayed OCW over that. Let it sit for a few minutes and buffed both out. :bow

The best I can describe it is very reflective like Klasse SG but without the hard plastic shine, the Carnauba seems to soften it up with a very ver bright glow. Like as if flood lights are constantly shining over it.

I`m planning to lay a few coatings of FK 1000P and continue with the CJ/OCW topper.

TN9thSi
10-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Good to hear. I just mixed up some CJ/OCW 50/50 last week but didn`t get a chance to use it. Can`t wait to see how it does on my silver car.

racingbeat
10-23-2006, 03:03 PM
vs. using Klass twins it was 100% improvement on looks alone. The CJ+OCW is a potent mix for silver indeed.

THe only draw backs are that the Prime Strong didn`t really fill in swirls so well. You`d be well advised to get out the SSR beforehand. And the CJ seemed to streak a bit more than the Acrylic

Jett Trigger but certainly not to the extent of Klasse SG. A bit more sprayhing of the OCW cleared that up right away.

p.s.

I`ve also come to the conclusion that for daily drivers at least, polishing the paint a little more often is a good idea. I`m not sure that 3 times a year is enough for a car that`s constantly under the elements. Even with a long lasting sealant, the crap that starts to accumulate over the sealant, IMHO substantially cuts down on the shine. I previously went nearly six months on my last coat of Acrylic Jett Trigger with lots of paste waxing and spray waxing and the results with a fresh polishing/sealing far exceeded the monthly waxing/quick detailing.

My new rule will be 10 weeks tops without polishing with Prime. I`m starting to wonder if using a paste topper is worth it as it only encourages you to wait longer than you should before cleaning the paint.

TN9thSi
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, I just got finished washing my car (ONR :bow) and using the CJ/OCW mix. Wow! What a shine. The reflections are crazy, even with mostly overcast skies. I am very impressed with this combo. I liked it so much that I just stashed the bottle and an MF in the trunk for quick touch-ups! I think CJ/OCW, QS and ONR will get me through Winter just fine :D

Scottwax
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
I`ve been using the OCW/CJ blend on a silver Porsche I detail regularly and I agree, just a beautiful wet glow on silver. :)

I mix them 50/50 in the same bottle, FWIW.