PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax for Porsche?

bhr
10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
I have been using all different kinds of waxes both liquid and paste, but I am looking for a brand that is non abrasive since my car is new and would work great with Red porsches?

Any ideas

CalgaryDetail
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
most waxes are non abrasive (the good ones anyway). What are you looking for in a wax? Also what is the price range? And finally do you want a wax that has to haze or a wax on wax off wax?

I personaly only use WOWO waxes. I find once you learn how to use them they make waxing a car more enjoyable as well as quicker. One of the biggest WOWO waxes here and on other forums is Pianacle Sovergien (sp). It is a good wax that will give you a nice wet shiney look.

I personly prefer a deeper look over a shiner look. I am a huge fan of Victoria wax peoducts. My fvorite being the Concours or the red wax. Send me a pm if you want more info on it or how to order it. But it leaves and awsome finsih and lasts forever. I just washed my dads car, it hasnt been waxes in over 8 weeks and was still beeading and sheating (maybe its the 5 or 6 layers but still). t is a nice freindly wax to use.

Anther option would some zymol products. I know they have the REALLY REALLY expensive wax but tere hand crafted line is much cheaper ands till yeilds awsome results. It leaves a ncie deep finsih as well but its a ltitle diffrent then VW (a search will help explain more). Also i know they make a wax just for red paint, I havent tried it so I cant tell you how it is (and please no zymol PRICE BASHING, this thread is on wax not on price)

And finally if WOWO isnt really your thing there are still pleanty of really awsome waxes out there. I know a few people who hate WOWO becasue they like to do the whole car before they buff off the wax. For the regular (for lack of better word) waxes I would say give somthing like Porrboys Nattys blue a shot. Its an awsome, user freindly, no-abrasive wax that yeild very nice results. Plus as a bonus I belive its udner 20 bucks a jar (i could be wrong).

I have tried many a waxes in my dad and these are still my fav. I have only included only waxes and not sealents. If you want to know about those feel free to ask, im sure many people will have some awsome info for you. (ues folks zaino is a synthetic so i did not include it here). These are all just my opions, some may feel im an idiot and other might agree. Let us know what wax you choose, and get some pictures. We do love our pictures

-mike

imported_themightytimmah
10-23-2006, 12:08 PM
There`s a *lot* of great waxes out there, my personal favorite right now is the Chemical Guys 5050, its like 50 bucks or so and if you apply it over their Acrylic Glaze, it`s a total knockout.

If you want to spend less than that, Blitz, Collinite and Finish Kare make a couple great waxes in the 20 dollars and less range, but on a red car, IMHO, the 5050 is worth every penny.

jdthompson
10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I`ve just had a new Boxster and was very dull and went for a coat of Carlack (Klasse AIO basically) and then a coat of Collinite.

Cheap, very durable, and looks fantastic to my eyes.

fdizzle
10-23-2006, 02:02 PM
you know, both Zymol ans Swisserol make paste carnubas specifically for porsche . . I dont use them, many might say its all a bunch of Hype, but they get great reviews from patrons . . . if you wanna spend some cash for wax thats a great way to go . . .

uzj100
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I`ve got a black `06 Carrera S and I like Natty`s Blue topped with Souveran. In between details I wash with ONR and top with OCW. Have also used Blitz and FK with good results as well.

HTH

Derf
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
There`s a *lot* of great waxes out there, my personal favorite right now is the Chemical Guys 5050, its like 50 bucks or so and if you apply it over their Acrylic Glaze, it`s a total knockout.

If you want to spend less than that, Blitz, Collinite and Finish Kare make a couple great waxes in the 20 dollars and less range, but on a red car, IMHO, the 5050 is worth every penny.

Just used 5050 on my red Porsche and it looks awesome! I also like Natty`s Blue, but it`s a different look than the 5050.

ashsarna
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Like calgarydetail mentioned, the Zymol waxes (like Concours, Glasur), CG 5050 and VIctoria waxes are my absolute favorites. LOL I am a carnauba addict and there are many great ones. Along with the above mentioned favorites, I include souveran. These waxes really stand above the rest imo on my cars.