PDA

View Full Version : Which 1 Gallon QD??

steelwind101
10-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Hello Guys

Any advice and thoughts on a one gallon QD from what is avalible to me locally (UK) would be appreciated. I like to add the extra touch after washing as the nights are drawing in and my normal reapplication of an LSP isnt possible.

I am using #16 this winter on our daily drivers over SRP on one car and EZ glaze on the other two. I have Crystal Mist for the toy in the garage buts its a bit to pricey at 1 gallon for use on the other cars IMHO.

I would also use the QD as clay lube.

Many thanks for voting and opinions.

Geoff

steelwind101
10-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Quick Shine is also and option!!

Accumulator
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I voted "other" before seeing that you`re in the UK :o

I use Griot`s on carnauba, FK 425 on synthetics, and QuikShine on both. I use dedicated clay-lube for claying though.

AL-53
10-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I use Duragloss...Fast Clean and Shine which is a cleaner QD with added polymer sealants...very durable...and slick...will last thru 2-3 washes no problem...

and cleans lite dust..birb bombs..spots...fingerprints...

quote from Duragloss site....

Is formulated to remove dust and light soil from painted surfaces without scratching or removing durable polishes. Actually bonds with the polish for added gloss and durability.

not a bad product....

for the ultimate in gloss and slickness and protection

Use Aquawax....it will last 6-8 weeks with slickness and gloss..but has very little cleaning abilities..but it does do wonders for the gloss and wet look...and slick as oil..

AL

tom p.
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Geoff, I love Meg`s #34 by the gallon...an excellent product. Don`t know how much of the Meguiar`s product line you have access to...

Cheers!

steelwind101
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi

Thanks guys, we have the whole Megs. line here. I just remebered last min. that Quickshine was avalible.

I have just started the Duragloss range and the QD isnt out there "yet" but i will see about that!! I found the shampoo to be pretty good.

These "FK" products seem to be getting good opinions so i will look them up but i am sure they are not here yet.

I will give it until Thursday and place my order!!

darin925
10-23-2006, 06:09 PM
FK1 425 hands down by the gallon! :2thumbs:

imported_paradigm
10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
ONR diluted. easily the most cost effective too.

paul34
10-31-2006, 10:46 PM
ONR diluted. easily the most cost effective too.

This is exactly what I was about to suggest. Not only can you use it as a QD, but you can also use it as a clay lube. I believe you can dilute it to about 21 gallons of QD (from just one gallon of ONR!). You really can`t beat that value - and of course, the cleaning abilities go without mentioning.

Of course, if you`re looking for a QD that specifically boosts gloss (to add that final "bling"), then maybe ONR might not be the best choice, but it wouldn`t be a bad choice. Someone correct me if I`m wrong, but I do believe ONR leaves a nice slick shine behind.