PDA

View Full Version : Highest quality microfiber brand

Pages : [1] 2

BMW335i
10-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Where and what brand carries the highest quality microfiber detailing cloths, drying towels etc.? It is okay if they are only available online. I know there is no such thing as the "best", but what is the most popular among detail ethusiasts?

imported_Padron
10-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Detailer`s Paradise "Monster Fluffies" are among my favorite`s plus their on sale 3 for $20 right now..

DF Towels are Awesome!!! I Love Cobra towels, CG Elite towels.... and on and on... :bigups

swordsmn
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
And, without me hijackiing, can I ask you to add what are the "sleeper cheapies" that are great finds and still can`t hurt the pride n joy?

doug j

imported_CDTGaticaW201
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Swordsmn...my favorite "sleeper" towels are Target`s Orange Vroom MF towels. They were on sale at 12 for 5.99 and they are surprisingly soft and plush. I have no problems using them on my paint.

Eliot Ness
10-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I`ll agree that the Monster Fluffy (http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?Id=603312005617062-691513519674) is just about my favorite new microfiber. You`ll also need some waffle weave MF`s to dry with and an assortment of other MF towels, so here are a couple of quality vendors that haven`t been mentioned: Autopia, PakShak, Excel Detail, Danase, and there are several others that I`m sure will get suggested.

clnfrk
10-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I find the ones that they sell at Costco in a 24pack or so to be more than adequate. I used to purchase them online, but now I don`t see the need to pay more for basically the same thing. The Costco ones work just as well.

velobard
10-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Haven`t tried the Costco ones, but I have some of the ones from Sams Club that come in a 25 pack for about $11.

imported_Padron
10-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I find the ones that they sell at Costco in a 24pack or so to be more than adequate. I used to purchase them online, but now I don`t see the need to pay more for basically the same thing. The Costco ones work just as well.

I too have the Costco Yellow MF`s they are pretty plush and at $9.39 for 24, it`s a good deal for towels that do the "Dirty Work"

They help keep my good towels clean..... :D

clnfrk
10-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I too have the Costco Yellow MF`s they are pretty plush and at $9.39 for 24, it`s a good deal for towels that do the "Dirty Work"

They help keep my good towels clean..... :D

I actually use mine for the "Clean work". :)

I`ll only use a towel once to buff off polish or sealant though. After that it is used strictly for cleaning wheels/wheelwells, drying door jambs etc. I was the same way when I used to purchase the expensive superplush Cobra towels from Autogeekwhere 3 of them were over $20. It just wasn`t very cost effective and I absolutely refuse to use the same towel to buff more than once.

With 24 at my disposal though, there is never a shortage of microfibers fresh from the packaging to keep the finish looking brand new and marring free.

Wasatch
10-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I really like the PakShak one`s, the ultra plush are really soft.

ZoranC
10-22-2006, 08:30 PM
DF Towels are Awesome!!!

DF? Could you please translate for a newb? Decoder ring is not showing anything under DF.

imported_Padron
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
DF? Could you please translate for a newb? Decoder ring is not showing anything under DF.

http://www.dftowel.com/ DF Concours Towels, these towels are Fantastic!! Sorry for the link - delete if needed..

Eliot Ness
10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
DF? Could you please translate for a newb? Decoder ring is not showing anything under DF.The DF Concours Towel (http://www.dftowel.com/). Those are very nice towels, and if I`m not mistaken they are the same as the CBT (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mf-cbt.html). I put some on my Christmas list a couple of years back and even my mother-in-law was impressed with them.

Juztang
10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I`ve always had good luck with the Poorboys Mega-Plush.

imported_Padron
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
I`ve always had good luck with the Poorboys Mega-Plush.

+1 for Poorboys DMT MF