PDA

View Full Version : how do u use the microfiber bonnet?

LIL TYCN
04-09-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/terry-bonnets.html
for example,
do i apply wax on the car such as KLASSE AIO/SG and use this mf to remove it. I have a black car and want to make sure this will not create swirl marks.

Please advise.

LIL TYCN

tubafeak
04-09-2005, 03:22 PM
The best way to use it is to not buy it and spend the money on a good MF towel. The machine use of an MF for removal will not allow the pile of the fabric to be used as there will be a machine`s weight bearing down on it. If you just use a regular MF you will run much less risk of marring your paint should any grit become lodged in the towel. If you must use an MF bonnet be sure to back it with a fairly soft pad (polishing or finishing should work) and don`t bear down on the machine. Make sure the surface is very clean, otherwise you could be putting more swirls in than you are removing.

LIL TYCN
04-09-2005, 03:28 PM
that`s what I was thinking.
But my detailing area is extremely clean.
I think I might just use them for light color cars.
Not dark color.
the labor of love = black biotch car.

Boss_429
04-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I`ve used both the Meguiar`s and DFTowels MF bonnets with a PC to remove some sealants with great success. Not only do they not induce any swirls for me, they also seem to add just a tiny bit more gloss/shine. Usually, I just to lazy to go get the PC and the bonnets.... so I pass on it. I should use them more often, as they do work nice.

However, I would probably not go with the cotton bonnets in that link.

Eliot Ness
04-09-2005, 10:34 PM
I don`t use them very often, but when I do it isn`t to remove the wax/sealer. I do that by hand with a quality MF first, and then if I feel ambitious enough I`ll go back over it with the PC and a MF bonnet for a final buff and shine. If you use it to initially remove your wax/sealer the bonnet is fairly small and will quickly get loaded with product.

dalmore
04-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Like our untouchable friend said, I too use the MF bonnets for a last buff for a little extra shine. I don`t use them for product removal - just to buff up a just waxed surface for a little more pop on occassion.