PDA

View Full Version : 1st post for a converted, now, detailing addict

Andy M
10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi folks,

first thing I want to say is a huge thank you to all on this forum, since finding you a few weeks ago I cannot believe the amount of information and most importantly, enthusiasm, I have got from looking in here.

I have always been keen on keeping my cars really clean but this forum has encouraged me to take things to a new level. It is Fantastic !! with a capital F.

I live in the UK but have bought a PC Das kit from Autopia along with some Sonus Enhance and FF, also some Klasse SG and a few other bits. All the products I`ve used so far have just blown me away, they are incredible. The PC, I just cannot believe, how have I got to 45 years old without one of these until now ?

I am also a bit of a Zymol fan and was recently reading about the Sampler Kits, I got on the case and tracked down what I think was the last one in the UK. this afternoon I had a quick play with the Destiny Glaze on the bonnet and front wing of my Audi A3 that I have been working on getting experience with the PC pads and polishes. I have machined it and put on 3 coats of SG over the past week then the Destiny. I am really impressed with the SG and the Zymol on top looks great. A quick picture is attached, not at all to the standard you guys prep paintwork to, but I am really pleased for a first go.

So a big thank you again and I am really looking forward to learning loads more on here.

Andy

abbeysdad
10-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the world of OCD and that `bonnet` (er hood) looks slick as a mirror!

ZoranC
10-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi folks,

first thing I want to say is a huge thank you to all on this forum, since finding you a few weeks ago I cannot believe the amount of information and most importantly, enthusiasm, I have got from looking in here.

I have always been keen on keeping my cars really clean but this forum has encouraged me to take things to a new level. It is Fantastic !! with a capital F.

Congratulations and great work there! It might not be at the level of the experienced top notch professionals around here but it is nice and as an absolute beginner myself I know how much satisfaction and pride there is in first accomplishments. What might be nothing to others is huge step forward for us.

the other pc
10-19-2006, 02:43 PM
:welcome

BigAl3
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
:welcome

x2 :bigups

fdizzle
10-19-2006, 06:06 PM
always nice to have another autopian . . . welcome

lbls1
10-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Great! Don`t be discouraged if you are a fan of Zymol because there are quite a few doubters of Zymol out there in cyber space.

However, you should also challenge your lsp`s and detailing methods with the many excellent examples that you will see on the boards from a variety of products and steps.

Happy waxing!

BobD
10-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the site!