PDA

View Full Version : glass cleaner on vinyl?

III
04-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Would it be ok to use Windex, or any other glass cleaner on the inside of my door to clean the vinyl door handles and the soft vinyl that`s at the top? I was thinking maybe not because I know that all glass cleaners usually have about 2%-5% of alcohol in the solution. I would think over time this might dry out the vinyl? Would it be better to use something like S&W instead?

JaredPointer
04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I would probably use the Woolite:water solution. That`s a lot safer on vinyl than Windex would be...at least that`s what I think.

Nickc0844
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
III, I like you for all these questions that you bring to the table. It`s people like you that make DC the place to be, and I thank you for that.

In any case, use a protectant afterwards. Honestly, I would only resort to it or the Windex or Woolite if there was a good buildup of grime. Some good vinyl and rubber protectors also have mild cleaners into them, so it makes them a great maintenance product as well.

III
04-08-2005, 04:40 PM
III, I like you for all these questions that you bring to the table. It`s people like you that make DC the place to be, and I thank you for that.

Thanks for the kind words.