PDA

View Full Version : autogeeks PC 7424/XMT kit a good choice?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello all, I`m sure this has been asked before, but since this is an online forum, it will be asked many more times.. :wall

I`m getting my first detailing setup, and I`m looking at the pre aranged kits at places like autogeeks... they seem to be cheaper than buying each one individually..

I am asking specifically about the PC 7424 and Pinnacle XMT package.

http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaswrek.html

what are your opinions of it? is it any good? does it work? is this the PC I should be looking at? should I look more towards a PC and SSR?

I will be using it on a

Carbon Colored 05 expedition,

Aspen Green 03 Camry

white 99 expedition

dark red 96 taurus.

For my green camry, I was also planning on buying the 83 dollar Zaino kit...

So, these are the plans for my camry, :buffing:

PC, XMT #3, (as many times as needed)

PC, XMT #1 (as many times as needed)

PC, Finishing glaze (x1) (Probably not this one)

By hand, Zaino Z5 w/ ZFX x2

By hand, zaino Z2 w/ ZFX x2

thoughts? opinions?

Thanks for looking and helping guys, I really love this site :getdown !

firegate
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
As far as your process, the Zaino will likely have some bonding issues going over the XMT finishing glaze. I havent tried any of the XMT polishes so I can`t comment personally, but the reviews so far have been mixed.

I would reccommend taking a look at the PC package with the 4* polishes at danase as well:

http://www.danase.com/fostpopa.html

Bit cheaper and you get a 10% discount.

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, your probably right, I wasn`t thinking... I figured it was almost a light sealant more than a wax..

fdizzle
10-18-2006, 06:52 PM
I have the XMT Line, and If you want my oppinion, had I the chance to start over again, I would have bought the optimum kit . . .

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-porter-cable-kit.html

still a great deal . . . and I think you will find many people agreeing with me when I state that the Optimum is a far more advanced, and capeable polish than the XMT line from Pinnacle. Going with the Optimum kit wont get you any black or blue lake country finishing pads, but since your applying your Zaino (great stuff BTW) by hand you wont need them. You do get a low profile orange cutting pad, which will help you get your PC into small spots on your car . . . You also get over 30 OZ of polish and compound, and its 10 bucks cheaper thanthe XMT. Dont bother being bummed about not getting the free pinnacle pad conditioner either, your zaino QD will work just as well. You also get a free second orange low profile cut pad, which is not a bad deal. Polish is very versatile, can be mixed, hardly dusts and has a long working time . . . . and for the cars your not going to Zaino, the included Optimum car wax (spray which works almost as well as a liquid or paste) will provide deep gloss and fair protection. . .

somthing to think about . . . there are so many other good polish systems like menzurna, poorboys, FK, hi temp, and on and on . . that I could offer suggestions for days. as far as what autogeek sells, I would opt for somthing other than the XMT line, and pinnacles ASR/AFP portercable kit - and this is comming from someone who has spent money on both lines, and now they sit in the back of my cabonet with my old waxmaster buffer from sears . . . .

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 07:29 PM
makes since, I just was looking at the XMT because that is the one I`ve heard the most about.

Is there another website I should look at? I was looking at autogeek because that is the main one I`ve heard about.

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
...hmm, what is so special about the HD kits? 30 bucks for a longer cord? why can`t you just use an extension cord?

fdizzle
10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
www.danase.com - check this guy out. im sure he would match a price too . . .

umm . . . the HD porter cable seems like a waste of money. Use a nice extension cord . . ., or if your unit is out of warranty and your mechanically inclined, take it apart and change it yoruself - its three wires . . . took me 10 minutes and some solder . . .

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
danase would be around the same price as autogeeks, but doesn`t come in a package or get the 10% off, so I guess the autogeeks would be a better buy...

fdizzle
10-18-2006, 08:34 PM
try sending him a PM and ask him directly . . . its worht a shot, depending on where you live it may take less time to get to you . . . .

deadlock32
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
What about the http://autogeek.net/ed20pocacoki.html edge PC kit, and get the optimum polish seperately? that would seem like the winner to me.

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 09:24 PM
What about the http://autogeek.net/ed20pocacoki.html edge PC kit, and get the optimum polish seperately? that would seem like the winner to me.

it would, but out of my budget... I was hoping to stay under 300, but with zaino and the optimum, its going to be about 320. :aww:

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Well I`m going to go ahead and place my order for the optimum kit..

thanks for the help fdizzle, I really appriciate it!

(but I am worried about the pads, I feel like I`m getting crappy pads, as well as not having all the pads that the pinicle one would get... :think2 )

deadlock32
10-18-2006, 09:29 PM
it would, but out of my budget... I was hoping to stay under 300, but with zaino and the optimum, its going to be about 320. :aww:

well remember you are getting 5 double sided pads which is more like 10 pads for your PC ^_^ but definatly don`t spend more than you have.

but you can always pick up the edge pads later http://autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html and use the coupon autopia to get them for 80 dollars + shipping.

imported_Frugle
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
when I put in the 10% code, it only too 1 dollar off.. is this normal? will it just not charge me the 24 dollars? what do i do?

deadlock32
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
when I put in the 10% code, it only too 1 dollar off.. is this normal? will it just not charge me the 24 dollars? what do i do?

An PC bundles will not qualify for 10% off.

It is probably discounding something in your cart that qualifies, and it is 10 dollars