PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 821 All Wheel Cleaner

steelwind101
10-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Hello Guys

Is anyone or has anyone used 821?? I was wanting to check it wasnt an acid based cleaner and if it was acutally any good??

Seems to be priced similar to Megs. Hot Rims in the pink bottle which i am quite happy with but i am picking up some Duragloss products and wondered what it was like.

Thanks

Geoff

AL-53
10-18-2006, 05:15 AM
I have used this product and found it works very good for me....I do not have alot of brake dust but it does clean nicely....I can not say how it works with severe brake dust..

I spray all 4 wheels...then wash with a meg`s wheel brush...and wheels come out very nice...

ashsarna
10-18-2006, 11:27 AM
It is pretty good. Does clean the sever brake dust from my cars. i am now trying the CG blue all wheel cleaner and really like it.

steelwind101
10-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi guys

Thanks for the replys, i was considering the CG`s blue wheel cleaner esp. as its a concentrate which really puts the vaue for money up. That said vaue for money, with in reason isnt everything.

I dident know if the Blue was kind on wheels or what it was like cleaning wise.

Geoff

rdorman
02-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Revival of an OLD post I know. I am kind of stuck and need an OTC cleaner for nasty wheel dust and Duragloss is available at the local NAPA. We also have Advance, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O`Reilly`s around here. Is the Duragloss 821 wheel cleaner my best bet OTC in your opinion or....?

Dan
02-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Nasty neglected wheels or just nasty brake pads? The DG stuff is just middle of the road ok to me. For german brakes, I`d go with Griots, you can find it at advance, its gentle but cleans well. Neglected wheels... I like the Eagle One stuff.

rdorman
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Covered in brake dust. I can only assume that much is imbedded. The car in question is an Acura TL Type-S and the wheels are a darker metalic grey. The dust from those pads compares to the ones on my BMW 740.... well, at least the factory pads (don`t run them any more).

rdorman
02-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Hmm, I forgot about griots being available at advance. I used the stuff for years. I think I will just go pick up some more. Is it the A2Z that you are refering to? Perhaps I will pick up some of that as well if the Griots isn`t strong enough.

Dan
02-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Yep, the A2Z. Don`t forget to google for Advance Coupons, order online and pickup.

rdorman
02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks a lot!