PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Detail

Basshog
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
After a discrepancy at the dealership...they decided to give me free oil changes and some free details. I have read a few posts in various threads that seem to make the dealers detailers to be poor at what they do. Should I take these free details with a smile or.... :bolt

jaycevs
10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I have known enough people that work at detailers that I aked them not to wash it when I used to go into mine. Basically most run throgh an automatic wash, dry with dirty towels, then armor all, thats it.

Basshog
10-17-2006, 09:46 PM
:wow:

That is horrible

lemans23
10-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Well I mean, what exactly do you expect? Unless you`re driving a Murceilago, most dealerships don`t even give a half **** about what happens to someone`s car`s paint.

paul34
10-17-2006, 10:26 PM
don`t do it. I know with Scions when you go in for maintenance (like oil changes), they usually wash your cars. My relatives are all like "oh yea, that`s how it should be!" but I beg to differ.

I`d rather not have my car sent through the swirl-o-matic. You can probably just ask the guy to not have your car washed. They usually don`t mind, since that means that much less work for them. Just to make sure, I`ve heard of people putting (courteously-written) notes inside their windshields and other windows with instructions to not wash.

ret
10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I wouldn`t even let them come to my house and do it for free.

RET