PDA

View Full Version : Tropicare user first inroduction

silver02ws6
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey everyone! Just registered last nigh been lurking around for a few days. The amount of info on here as on any other information board is overwhelming.

Im currently using tropicare on my two vehicles. 02 ws6 silver and a Red 03 silverado SS. My father owned the SS before me and the paint is full and I mean full of swirl marks.

The tropicare makes it shine like crazy but does nothing for the swirls. Im interested in learning about what products and procedures could help me to rid the truck of all these annoying inperfections. The ws6 could use some work but not nearly as much.

If some of you pros out there could share some info with to get me pointed in the right direction i would much appreciate it. I know it can all be found but sometimes it helps to be pointed in the correct direction.

Thanks for all the help.

Wasatch
10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
TC-3xp is a sealant, not intended to remove anything. Steve does carry a swirl remover though, maybe try that first, and some clay.

ret
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
. Im interested in learning about what products and procedures could help me to rid the truck of all these annoying inperfections. .

Here is a good starter write up.

Your choices are to fill/hide the swirl marks or remove/abrade them away through polishing.

http://www.properautocare.com/whatdif.html

RET

silver02ws6
10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
TC-3xp is a sealant, not intended to remove anything. Steve does carry a swirl remover though, maybe try that first, and some clay.

Sorry i didnt really give full deatails. I realize the tc-3 is a polish sealant. They do have a swirl cuter the Tc-8. It doesnt do anything for the marks in the truck or really on the car. Im doing all application by hand though so that could be my problem.

Anyway i was just looking for some personal experience on product choices and maybe why. There is alot of info to sift through so im just getting started.

I will say though im very happy with the results i get with the Tc-3 on the car, and the Tc-3 and Tc-2 wax on the truck look nice just need to get rid of those damn swirls.

Wasatch
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Well, by hand you`ve got your work cut out for ya, if there that bad. I also do all work by hand. I just live with the spider-webbing, maybe someday I will get rid of it all. Maybe try Poorboy`s SSR2, 1Z PP, Menzerna FPII. Hopefully, Scottwax will chime in, he`s the guru or at least use to be when he did everything by hand and did an incrediable job, truly remarkable, truly.