PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailing: ONR vs. Poorboys Spray and Wipe?

Pages : [1] 2

racingbeat
10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I`m 100% sold on ONR for washing but I`m in the habit of using a cleaning quick detailer after a wash. So far that` been FK 146 and I have no complaints. Its a perfect compliment to ONR in my opinion bringing the extra bonus of anti-static barrier, really great to see after a rainfall. Dirt just slides away.

anyhow....for non-wash days when I do a quick detail (now that we are headed towards winter) I`m interested in toting a different spray. I try to limit my self to one quick detailing of the paint between washes and I`m considering either getting more ONR or

giving the PB S&W a shot.

So I`m interested in seeing what opinions are from those who have used both.

A gallon of Poorboys` S&W is $30 and a gallon of ONR is $40.

Does the Poorboy`s S&W provide any aditional bite or rewards that can`t be obtained using ONR at QD strength?

imported_hooked
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I`m a little confused. Even though ONR is $40 a gallon, you mix it with water. S&W is used right out of the bottle - no mixing, right? So ONR will last a lot longer than the $30 gallon of S&W, right?

Juztang
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I think the ONR will be the best bang for the buck by far. It do love the Pb S&W though.

EdLancer
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Why quick detail when you can wax with the same ease as OCW ?

paul34
10-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I was under the impression that SW could be watered down?

Nickshades
10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Can someone tell me what ONR is? and where can you buy it?

Thank you all.

Nick

CRXican
10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
ONR is definetly going to be my new QD. To me it`s the best bang for my buck. I love how it cleans filthy door jambs just effortlessly.

Although I think the recommended 6oz to 1 Gallon of water ratio for the QD is questionable, especially when the recommended dillution for a wash is 1oz to 2 gallons of water?

CRXican
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Can someone tell me what ONR is? and where can you buy it?

Thank you all.

Nick

Optimum No Rinse Wash

OCD Garage has it on sale right now. (I apologize if I`m not allowed to post other suppliers)

Eliot Ness
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Can someone tell me what ONR is? and where can you buy it?....Optimum No Rinse, and you can buy it from Danase:

http://www.danase.com/opnowaandsh.html

Nickshades
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Thank you Eliot!

thesacrifice
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
ONR is definetly going to be my new QD. To me it`s the best bang for my buck. I love how it cleans filthy door jambs just effortlessly.

Although I think the recommended 6oz to 1 Gallon of water ratio for the QD is questionable, especially when the recommended dillution for a wash is 1oz to 2 gallons of water?

As in 6oz is too much? I just mixed bottles of QD and a Claybar lube using ONR. To tell you truth I was thinking that 6oz wasnt going to be enough, it just looks like water....

I just used it with a Pinnacle Bug "sponge" and it worked great.

CRXican
10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
As in 6oz is too much? I just mixed bottles of QD and a Claybar lube using ONR. To tell you truth I was thinking that 6oz wasnt going to be enough, it just looks like water....

I just used it with a Pinnacle Bug "sponge" and it worked great.

No I agree with you, I found it kind of odd that the recommended dillution for a wash was a lot less then their recommended QD dillution. :nixweiss

Juztang
10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
I have never used it as a quick detailer. What dillution are you using for a 16 or 32 oz bottle that works best?

CRXican
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I have never used it as a quick detailer. What dillution are you using for a 16 or 32 oz bottle that works best?

I use the recommended 6oz to 1 gallon of water dillution and will continue to do so, as I trust the chemists behind the product.

I just found the wash dillution kind of odd. Lets face it, it`s a waterless car wash. So in that respect we have to assume that when creating and engineering the product the chemist knew that no water would be used from a hose to rinse or presoak the vehicle wether the task was washing, claying, or QDing. That being said the product relys on its slickness and cleaning ability to remove the dirt safely. So why does a QD require a more concentrated dillution of the product then a normal wash?

IMO a car that requires washing is far more dirty, then one that only requires QDing.

None the less, I too am completely sold on ONR and recommend it.

imported_hooked
10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
My take on it is that when you are doing a bucket wash, you are naturally using more water to help lift and rinse the dirt away, hence less ONR is required. When you are QD`ing, you are only spraying small amounts of the solution on your car, so a higher concentration of ONR is required to buffer the dirt since there is less liquid over all.

Does that make any sense?