PDA

View Full Version : New Car - Silver Color - Recommndations ?

lwing18
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
I am looking for a relatively easy process to ext detail a new suv, with the ability to add protection and shine with multiple layers. I am not looking for the absolute best (which is different than my other cars).

I have used AIO and SG and Zaino. Both are great products.

However;

In the case of AIO and SG - I do not like waiting for curing time between layers. Otherwise great.

And, Zaino is expensive.....as I am doing an SUV and am not looking for perfection.

Using either Klasse or Zaino has provided great durability. What products and process would be reasonable for a new suv?

Also, any thoughts on whether to wait before waxing, etc a new car?

BobD
10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I am looking for a relatively easy process to ext detail a new suv, with the ability to add protection and shine with multiple layers. I am not looking for the absolute best (which is different than my other cars).

I have used AIO and SG and Zaino. Both are great products.

However;

In the case of AIO and SG - I do not like waiting for curing time between layers. Otherwise great.

And, Zaino is expensive.....as I am doing an SUV and am not looking for perfection.

Using either Klasse or Zaino has provided great durability. What products and process would be reasonable for a new suv?

Also, any thoughts on whether to wait before waxing, etc a new car?

Don`t worry about waiting before you wax on a new car with factory paint.

I would suggest, for what you want to do, use something like Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection.

D Tailor
10-18-2006, 04:59 AM
My first two suggestions would have been the ones you don`t want to use. Therefore I would recommend the following:

Wax- P21 or Optimum Spray Wax (lean towards this for ease of use)

Sealant- PB EX (very easy to use)

topspin2006
10-18-2006, 05:27 AM
I`m new here but been doing a lot of reading. I read good feedback about using the Chemical Guys` EZ creme glaze combined with their M-seal for use on silver metallic. PPl seem to oooh and ahhh at the creme glaze. I`m thinking of ordering some soon and trying it out. The durability of m-seal is supposed to be really good too. I might even put 2 coats since you can layer their products easily after about half an hour.

I might top it all off with collinite 845 just to add a carnauba depth and for even more durabilty. The collinite is known as an extremely durable wax. Combining it with the durabilty of m-seal should be great for the upcoming winter.

I`ve never tried klasse aio or sg or Zaino but they seem really good. They are a bit pricier. Only thing about Zaino and sg is that I read they are more of a pain to apply. In contrast, ppl here all say that CG products are extremely easy to apply and remove and the fast curing is also a big plus.

Hope others who have tried these products already can help out more.

atticdog
10-18-2006, 06:04 AM
I would prep it well then used FK 215 and 1000P x3

Accumulator
10-18-2006, 10:06 AM
lwing18- Two of our vehicles seem similar to how you`re considering your new SUV- they`re sorta beaters compared to our other vehicles, they`re kinda big, and I can`t always have them off the road forever to do a lot of layering. On one I use the Klasse twins and I`ll just apply the additional layers after each wash if I can`t wait to do a few all at once. On the other I use Collinite waxes and refresh it when it`s convenient.